Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC and CBD..

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by soufsidetrappa, Jan 9, 2014.

1. I don't like how THC has a bad wrap. It's psychoactive so it's bad.. Don't get me wrong, CBD has oh so many benefits, but so does THC! And together, they work wonders! Why does THC get the bad wrap??

2. #2 Al XE the Bud, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    I'm not really aware of a 'bad wrap'. THC when taken alone with any regularity can cause various psychoses, that much is fact.

3. But therapeutic doses would be fine wouldn't it?

4. I've never heard of THC carrying a "bad rep"?

THC has similar medical properties as CBD, cept CBD works on cannabinoid receptors that deal more specific with pain: and treats more of the physical aches someone has, rather than psychological. THC is better at treating anxiety and stress and CBD is better at treating nausea and pain. Psychological vs. physical.

But like I said, never heard of THC being bashed for its psychoactive properties.  :confused_2: 

They're both a major breakthrough in medicine.

5. #5 justinamazing, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    I agree THC is good for anxiety and stress and so is CBD, but there are some people who are sensitive to THC and the THC can cause their anxiety to shoot through the roof and can cause them to have small and massive panic attacks, but CBD does the opposite it helps people who have anxiety and panic attacks. The CBD lowers their heart rate and gives them a calming body high, I can only smoke strains that have a low amount of THC content and a high CBD content, the strain I have right now is called Abatiol it ranges from 0.4% to 5% THC and a 13% to 18% CBD I buy it at 0.4% THC and 13% CBD and still get pretty stoned CBD can still get you stoned with a good calming high, I get mild and massive panic attacks if I smoke high THC strains, The psychoactive properties of THC can give people panic attacks and make their anxiety shoot through the roof and can cause there heart rate to also shoot through the roof, I remember I smoked a strain that had a 10% THC content and I had a massive panic attack, the paramedics had to take me by ambulance and they checked my vitals and my heart rate was 289 beats a minute and my blood pressure was 200 over 100 so THC can cause something bad for some people but when I smoke strains with low THC content and a high CBD content my heart rate stays between 75 to 70 beats a minute and my blood pressure stays between 111 over 70 to 119 over 65.

6. That's crazy man. I've been looking to pick up some high CBD strains and a place near me has some Cannatonic, 11-13% CBD and about 5% THC. Have any experience with this strain?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Not all brains are the created the same, ergo not every individual will react the same way to the same substance being introduced into the body. IMHO THC as an active property of cannabis is a catalyst or enhancer to brain stimulation, which in turn increases overall understanding of the functions of human behaviors and interactions. Whether or not an individual is able to understand the (hidden) potential of his or her own mind, the creative potential can be freed of logical fallacies keeping one suppressed by misplaced doubt.

Something to think about if you consider yourself tech-savvy: if your brain was an Intel celeron 1ghz 1gb ram 100gb HD, would you try to play WoW or crysis on high settings? Hell naw you'd be happy browsing ie like a typical end user. But let's say you have that snapdragon 800 processor packed in your smartphone. If you are more like the latter, you can probably handle a little weed without freaking out because you believed everyone around you that weed gets you "fucked up."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app