Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC and CBD consumption

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by xanman2112, Sep 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello, I'm a newer cannabis user... about a year now. I don't smoke, but prefer edibles. My favorite edible so far has been a THC/CBD 1:1 gummy from Mindy's (Luck Black Cherry). I find this is often out of stock at my local stores, but I can always find just THC gummies. Recently, I ordered some CBD only gummies. Is taking THC gummies and CBD gummies at the same time (I typically do 20/20 mg) the same effect as taking combo 1:1 gummies? I know it seems like a stupid question, but don't know if the fact that they are together in the same product allows the body to process it differently and give you a better experience.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Good question. The 1:1 gummies will be full spectrum and will probably give you a more comprehensive medicated effect than THC/CBD isolate gummies in tandem

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not sure about metabolism and digesting edibles, however your thoughts are true stoner thoughts. Mixing a CBD heavy flower and a THC heavy flower in the same bowl tends to negate the effects of smoking for me and renders a headache.

If the strain happened to be a perfect cross of lets say 21% THC and 7% CBD, such as glookies (gorilla glue x thin mints), then the outcome is legendary smoke.

Again, not too sure how the stomach correlates to the instantaneous relief of the respiratory system.

You're gonna go broke buying edibles all the time too lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. [QUOTE="don't know if the fact that they are together in the same product allows the body to process it differently and give you a better experience.[/QUOTE]

Well in general swallowing 2 separate edibles should be about the same. In practice every edible produces will somewhat different from another. I would expect the experience to be about the same. As for a mix of THC and CBD many people prefer it over a high THC strain. I find that over the last 40 years or so the race to the highest THC content has produced plenty of crappy product. I would take a decent strain with the balance that you prefer over the newest 30% strain anyday.

5. I would think a 1:1 ratio gummy would be better if it were made from two separate strains, one high in CBD and one high in THC. That way you could decarboxylate the THC and CBD separately at the right temperatures prior to combining them.

That said, I love a good mixed THC/CBD strain now and then. The one I have is a 5:3 ratio.

6. Yeah everyone is different. I really like something closer to 1:1 or even more CBD. Having said that Iove Girl Scout Cookies if grown well.

7. If you eat the separate gummies the same time it s just the same as taking 1:1 if they have same amount of cannabinoids. You mentioned 20mg/20mg each.
    I make oils and tinctures which are 1:1, it does not make any difference whether I've make from single 1:1 strain or combine material from CBD only and THC strain. The end result is the same cannabinoid-wise.

Learn to make your own edibles, it is fun and you save money.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. #8 Semkeluise, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    I mean... there is not going to be much difference if you take them separately. If you want to get higher then get more than 20mg of edibles. In the end, if you like the CBD high then do CBD edibles and the same for THC. For me CBD edibles are better, I usually get pineapple jelly bomb by twisted extracts - 80mgs. But if you are into 1:1 then I can recommend Canada edibles grape indica. You can order it on this website https://www.mailorder-marijuana.com/buy-edibles-online/ they have a lot of edibles I am sure you will find something that will suit your taste. I’ve been ordering from them for a year now and it just gets better and better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yea to be honest that is a stupid question.

I can't even fathom a reason why there would be a difference in taking them same product vs separately

So to answer your question, yes it's the exact same thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. CBD IS nature's antidote to Thc you don't wanna take cbd with thc capsules it'll ruin the euphoria

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 Smoknordic, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    According to your question, I think it mostly depends on everyone's framework, your metabolism, how your body reacts to different products, and if you have any allergies to distinct substances. But, if you choose to consume edibles, it is normal. I have heard people who consumed THC and CBD gummies like you and didn't have any problems after them. I recommend trying the delta 8 infused gummies in case you are looking forward to changing something in your daily prescription of edibles. You don't have to worry, because they won't be a risk for you.