Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC after concussion/cracked skull?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheCruz831, Aug 1, 2013.

1. On Monday, whilst bombing a hill I fell and got a 6 inch crack on the back of my skull. I was taken to the local hospital and then airlifted to Stanford. I had a seizure, caused by the major concussion I got. Of course, there's some neck damage, etc. I'm wondering if smoking weed/vaping hash would be bad for me. Any advice? Thanks

2. Aside from making you feel better it won't do shit

3. I dont know man. Sometimes when I smoke I get head aches, not a lot, rare actually, but it happens. 

I'd probably smoke, just not a lot. I'd avoid hash too. Just a toke enough to get high, not blitzingly stoned. Let your body heal up. 

4. You gotta think about what is causing those headaches. It is the plant matter; not the THC. So wouldn't that mean OP should specifically seek out something more pure like hash, rather than avoid it, to avoid the risk of getting a headache?

5. Vape some nice sativa. Great for stuff like migraines. :D

Sent from deeznutz using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Hm, perhaps this is true. I'd just go with vaping if he has the option, but I don't know if I would want to be high after a concussion that gave me seizures and what not. Don't know too much about how that will affect your head after a concussion though. 

7. I can't imagine how it would effect the brain any differently after a concussion than it would beforehand, i mean a concussion is really only brain damage.. but I don't have any real data nor do i believe any exists; though I have heard of many people smoking immediately after concussions with no adverse effects to speak of. If OP is really concerned he should ask his doctor and not us medically un-informed peasants lol; personally I'd smoke it up but everyone reacts to stuff differently.

8. Well if your tolerance is low enough that it could possibly put you to sleep you may have some issues....but if not I don't see why not

9. Damn man that's fuckin intense. 6" is a huge crack :eek:. I hope you recover well blade. Me personally i'd keep toking but i'd try really hard not to cough hard. That can shake your brain up and gives me headaches so take it easy.

10. Thanks for all the advice. If

11. Thanks for all the advice. Id prefer edibles but they don't affect me all that much and I don't really wanna do all the work to make em. Normally id be fine with smoking but I heard it could cause further PTE - post traumatic epilepsy. I think I'll give it a couple days and then try vaping hash - I'm gonna wait a bit on smoking

12. Message stormcrow, granny, she could probably tell you an answer.

13. Id recommend vaping. If u smoked u might cough which may make your head hurt even worse homie.

14. Cannabis can help the damaged brain I've read. But sometime I get a headache after smoking so I'm not exactly 100% sure you should.