That Shit Box Jeep Will Never Die

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Vee, Aug 3, 2021.

1. #1 Vee, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022

I'm a Range Rover owner for years so when my lil sis showed up in a 2020 Jimny I flipped,
    back home my Polish neighbor had one from the 70's
    [​IMG]
    I watched many times as he'd heard his goats in and out of fields
    and never got stuck in mud unlike me ..lol
    one time I looked on as his 4 teeny sons each pick a corner and carry the suv
    half a mile back to the farm, funny as ..lol

Theres been much debate weather such a small suv needs 4x4 wheels at all
    as the jeep is so light it works much the same as the Volks beetle,
    where being so light you don't need power to all 4 wheels
    [​IMG]
    Suzuki Jimny Off-roader Sold Out In Mexico In Just 72 Hours

But what I do like very much is its just so small to take on all of Europes narrow back roads
    with its tiny 650cc-1.5 L motor meaning great fuel range, but crappy performance
    the car gives you everything you need but not want says my sis, cheap as hell insurance I like

Now on the 4th gen but due to the overwhelming paperwork needed to export cars to the us
    many carmakers including Suzuki won't be exporting any time soon

If you run a small biz from home this could well be the car that does it for you

check it out, now I'm gonna convince my sis to leave it for a bit

Suzuki Jimny - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 4
  2. I love Suzuki.. had a couple Grand Vitara XL7s

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very cool rig, but I love my jeep and sticking with it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Like me do you plan your safaris via gas stations?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Absolutely haha! I average 15 mpg... 330 mile range.
    But I bring a few extra gallons, and usually not more than 100 miles from a gas station when I offroad/overland/camp.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. He's following an ancient trail of axle and diff repair shops.

• Funny Funny x 7
  7. you could carry a jimny in the back just for nipping out to get burgers and beers ...lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #8 gumbygrow, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    I have a 94 Swift, I treat it horribly, it just keeps going. Simplicity at it's finest. It is not a 4x4...shhh... it doesn't know. It has had a noisy throwout bearing for over 100k miles, it has 2 bad axles, four bad struts, a broken front spring( snapped near bottom), a broken cooling fan, all suspension bushings are toast. It still drives straight. I took it on a 250 mile drive yesterday, about 30 of those were on nasty rocky crap that I only saw a few 4x4s on. Can't kill a Suzuki? You're preaching to the choir brother. I am buying a used Tracker soon. I want a Samurai but they don't go cheap around here. That would be a second generation Jimny I believe, the only one the US market ever saw.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. follow the Que...head to Mexico and save the bucks imo lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. I wish I could. I use my Swift for photography trips, it works great. 4wd with some extra ground clearance would be a nice bonus. If I ever start making money with my photography, I will have it at the top of a very short list that fit the bill. I could even pull it with my van.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i'm an xj jeep owner (now), and i've always wanted a jimny. shame we don't get them here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. My Jeep and me,,, stopping for tea… And yeah, I carry a Trangia stove, and boil water for tea where it pleases me… 5C19B9E0-BCAB-4D81-9860-59713EC3932F.jpeg F8C856A2-3CDA-4688-BCC6-471551930BF1.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. My oldest son loves jeeps, his first 3 have been in the shop more than on the road but I spoke to a Jeep repairman and he loves the Jimny's. My son lives in Curacao and they are EVERYWHERE!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. i have a 89 samurai love the little thing, got the 1.3 that has whom knows how many miles on it, i cant pull a good hill anymore , so a rebuild after i finish the 350 is in order, im really thinking along the cj spring conversion also, mine rides like a covered wagon hahah , ive owned it since 05 and only time i got it stuck was on a pine stump in a clear cut, just leaned over into passenger seat and it came right on off the stump hahah

• Like Like x 1
  15. I finally got my Chevy Tracker( Suzuki Vitara) and I love it. I am looking forward to winter for a change.

• Like Like x 2
  16. these things can be a blast , but not built for comfort at all , at least mine isnt , with gas 17 bucks a gallon i figure it time to take it to the feed store to get feed at least burning the gas will be fun hahahah.
    love the sound of them mud boots it wears too, cant hear a thing inside it hahahah

• Like Like x 1
  17. Geez now I feel like a soccer mom …

18. Bought an '05 Jeep Wrangler for one reason only. If the power goes out in a snowstorm I'll have a way to get to my Moms house, she's on oxygen 24/7. This was supposed to be for emergency use only basically. Since I got it I haven't wanted to drive anything else. I feel like I did when I was 16 with my first used car, in seventh Heaven. I love driving the damn thing. I make up stupid excuses to go out just to drive it. Can't explain it. Rides horrible, every little bump is felt, every big bump will jar your teeth loose, but still. Maybe 11 miles a gallon mileage if I'm lucky. Plus every other Jeep driver gives you a nice wave. No regrets at all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ms winks loves her tea time. She’s always putting the kettle on. We usually bring along a yuge thermos filled with the stuff but I love your idea so much.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I have several small folding tables and small folding chairs/stools, and an unimaginable number of single burner stoves… Stopping for a boil up,,, tea and,,, is something I do,,, and when out and about with Herself, it’s something we do… Can’t conjure up any reason why not to stop when I want a cup of tea,,, and more especially if there is a view begging to be visited for a while…

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1