Thankful to be alive

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lawlasorus, Dec 10, 2012.

1. So last night (saturday night/sunday morning) I experienced the most terrifying event of my entire life, bar-none. I'm still pretty messed up from it, and probably will be for a very long time. (This isn't a paranormal story or anything involving creepy ass people or anything like that)

Before I continue I should explain a little bit of background detail. I live in SoCal. Pretty common area for snakes. I live on a big property with nothing but rocks and dirt in my backyard. I always sleep with my door open. (Back door - leading straight from the backyard to my room.) I have several animals, and one of them, (Female Jack Russel Terrier) always sleeps at the foot of my bed.

So I fell asleep around 11ish I would say, not too late, only to wake up at exactly 8:26 am (i have a digital clock right next to my bed) to the most vicious sounding rattle I've ever heard. Mixed in with this is the growling of my jack russel, and they're just getting louder and louder and louder. I knew instantly that a snake had worked its way into my room.

Before I could move I felt this awkward weight on my body, right on my lower back (I had fallen asleep on my stomach, keep in mind.) This wasn't the weight of my dog, no, this was the weight of a rattlesnake. A fucking rattlesnake had come into my room, and slithered on top of me while i was asleep.. A rattlesnake that was pissed off because it was being terrorized by a dog, and because it was inside this room. And then there's my dog, who's going absolutely nuts, and then there's me. Who's trying to figure out how to get this snake off of me without getting bit, and getting my dog out of my room without getting bit as well.

I could tell the snake was getting more and more poised to strike at my dog, and of course my dog wasn't backing down. I couldn't use my arms to shoo my dog away, (like that would've worked) because the snake likely would have stricken me. I was tempted to use my legs but I didn't want to upset the snake and have him move closer to my face. I had attempted to call my dog to me and away from the snake, but pretty much to no avail. I ended up jabbing her with a cd rack holder thing to push her off the bed. That was only temporary as she kept attempting to jump back up, as any dog would.

Luckily I sleep with my cell phone within arms reach all the time, and I was able to snatch it up and call my neighbor to come help me. He ran over right away and came in through my back door and was able to snatch my blanket up over the snake completely (kind of like a bag) and throw it outside. The snake slithered away and I thanked the shit out of my neighbor for basically saving my life, and ended up smoking him out, and offering him to come over and smoke whenever.

How my dog didn't get struck by this snake is literally beyond me. It was a good 15-20 seconds of just growling and rattling back and forth before I could push her off. And I don't know how the snake didn't turn on me. I'm just thankful that it didn't! I don't think I'll ever sleep with the door open again. Not without a sturdy as fuck screen door.

Pretty crazy fucking night last night!! Thought I'd share it with some fellow blades now that I'm just laying in bed terrified to fall asleep again hahaha

TL;DR: woke up first thing in the morning with a rattlesnake on top of me, facing off with my dog. Called my neighbor who ended up saving the day.

2. loool that is crazy,kinda hilarious btw XD I kept laughing thinking about it
    & yet ik if that was me I woulda been scared shitless, glad u got it off though
    u def owe ur neighbor :p

3. holy fucking shit dude

i was literaly on the edge of my seat reading thiss haha
    im glad you made it ok and that you had a real friend to help you out man.

good fuckin story.

4. that's crazy man. Think that would freak any one out and leave them rattled for a little bit.

You have a cool story for the rest of your life though, now that everything turned out ok lol

5. That's some crazy fucking shit, glad you are safe and your dog!

6. Dude holy fuck thats insane. How the fuck did the snake climb on top of the bed? That fucker was out to get you. I seriously dont understand how you kept still for that long, i wouldve freaked the fuck out immediately oh my god

7. Glad you are safe! damn thats tragic af, youre lucky

8. I would have immediately shit my pants.

I fuckin hate snakes.

9. snake warrior :metal:

10. I want to create a good guy greg meme for your member, but I am lazy.

Glad you n your dog made it man, intense read!

Nice that you feel secure enough (from humans) to leave your door open at night.

11. [quote name='"mr man fan"']I want to create a good guy greg meme for your member, but I am lazy.

Glad you n your dog made it man, intense read!

Nice that you feel secure enough (from humans) to leave your door open at night.[/quote]

Lol neighbor, not member. Sounds like youre talking about OPs cock

12. HONESTLY

I would have sold my house and moved.

13. Damn that's crazy OP! Great read too haha full of suspense. Glad to hear you're ok. Living in SoCal i've seen a few snakes but i never even thought about one slithering inside :eek::smoking:

14. Thats crazy. One of my biggest fears is having a rattlesnake in my home. I don't even know how I would react in that situation.

One time a group of kids from my school and I went out into the woods behind the school after class to smoke. My buddys gf didn't smoke so she was just walking around the area and jumping on rocks and logs and what not. Well I look over and I see her bent over this log looking at something on the ground, like her face was 2 feet from the ground. So me being curious, I walk over to her and what do you know, theres a fucking 4 foot long rattlesnake curled up staring back up at her ready to strike but you could hardly hear its rattle because it was damaged. So I'm instantly in sympathetic mode thinking what the fuck is this dumb bitch doing with her face right next to a fucking rattle snake? "Dude are you mentally retarded? What the fuck are you doing??" She just looked at me surprised and was like "the ground looks weird here so I was looking at it, sorry.." "Umm, you know that's a big ass rattle snake right?" So she instantly screams and runs, while this snake is still sitting there pissed off. My friends-friend ended up cutting its head off with a skateboard, which I didn't really agree with, and then squeezed out a rat from its stomach. It was so nasty and looked like it had just ate it, we figured it was probably too busy digesting to strike her.

15. us old timers use one of these new space age high tech fangled thingamabobs...

[​IMG]

it keeps those pesky bugs and critters outside...

16. Haha now that I think about it it is kind of funny, but at the time I was basically ready to cry hahahaha. Yeah he basically is my new favorite person hahahaha

Glad you liked it bro! Yeah man I'm stoked I got that thing off of me, my fear of snakes has increased like mad hahaha everything resembles snakes now :p the funny thing is I've only talked to my neighbor like 3 times prior, but he was at my door within a minute. He's a good neighbor to have! Hahaha

Hell yeah man, definitely a unique story lmfao

Thanks blade! :smoke:

I wondered the same thing. My bed isn't on a frame, it's just a box spring mattress with a mattress on top. Maybe 16 inches off the ground. Plus I have a pile of laundry right next to the end of my bed so I think it just made its way up the clothes or something. Crazy shit! It was mostly just fear I think, and I knew that if I made one wrong move I was fucked. As soon as it was off of me though I jumped up and had to run around for a second and shake it out ya know haha I couldn't sit still anymore.

No kidding! Of all the snakes that could've crawled on me I think I got the most patient one ;p definitely got super lucky though!!

My sister had a 6 ft snake when I was younger and we both lived at home, and we would take this snake out and let it chill with us and stuff so I am pretty used to snakes and being around them. But it was still pretty nerve racking no doubt hahaha

Haha I live in a pretty remote area so I don't worry too much about other people trying to get in to my house. Plus it's my back door that was open, my front door is nice and locked :)

I honestly never thought it would happen either!

Damn bro that's intense! Rattlesnakes are just unnerving period. But damn that girl almost got what was coming to her sounds like!! She got lucky!!

I do have a screen door, it just has holes in it because my dogs scratch on it to let me know they want to go out, so it doesn't do much justice :/

17. Now THAT is an interesting Real Life Story! Glad it worked out for you man, that's some really scary shit!

And yeah, you have a GOOD neighbor.

Now to figure out how the thing got in and stop that up real quick

18. Haha I thought it was worthwhile to share with the community!:p

First thing I did after I calmed down was ordered new screen for the slider, definitely replacing it ASAP and making sure my dogs don't tear it up again. :p

19. [quote name='"ILLOGIK"'] leave them rattled for a little bit.[/quote]
    Haha rattled. Pun intended?