Thank you tax payers.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Verdurous, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Just received my financial aid award letter and thanks to the tax payers, I'm going to college at no cost to me. Almost $2000 per term in grant money, which I don't have to pay back. Total, I have more than $15,000 at my disposal for this year alone. I'm just starting out at my local community college, so I shouldn't have to use any loans. Again, thank you for paying for my education.

2. u got 15,000 to go to a community college, shits fucked

3. I need to get some financial aid for these coming years, my income will be getting very small soon :/
    Any tips?

4. they wouldn't give me financial aid cause of some bullshit with my dad paying child support and half of my college still.

i tried telling them he refuses to actually pay for either, but they dont believe me :/ oh well

5. Here's a tip, get a real job!!! :hello:

Nah but for real, I probably have a similar thing as the OP because my college is completely free as well.
    I've had ADD since I was little I guess, and the elementary school recognized it. I basically had to show that I have had a record of a disability, and the department of labor knew my dad and so instead of seeking it out, they asked me if I wanted to participate in a program where they will hook me up if I go to their psychologist and take tests to prove I'm ADD.
    bla bla bla eventually I got a free education...... No way I'd be in college now if I didn't get this. All I have to do is maintain a fair GPA and stuff.

as a side note, I don't know what this means but my friend wanted in on this and called one department of labor....they said they don't do stuff like that, but she called the one in another town and they do....so take from that what you will.

6. *4 terms of community college.

7. #8 Verdurous, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Fastweb.com and the fafsa is all.

8. #9 Verdurous, Jul 18, 2011
    If there's an obligation, take him to court. Missing out on an education isn't worth a dead beat asshole of a dad.

9. Do you think that you don't pay taxes?

If you don't pay taxes then you need to get a life because your probably worthless to society at this point.

10. Nice...Now I know why I'm losing so much money on my checks working my 40 hour a week job

Because you are to lazy to pay for YOUR education...So you are making OTHER people do it

eh, atleast you said thank you

11. I'm not too lazy to pay for my education. It's more like my parents are too lazy/injured to get a job and therefore I'm eligible and not expected to be able to fork out thousands right out of high school. The FAFSA is free and the practically make you do it in high school. lol I'm sure you would take tue free money too.

12. have fun being a slave to society :wave:

13. #14 Verdurous, Jul 19, 2011
    Calm down buddy. I've paid taxes before. Damn.

14. #15 Verdurous, Jul 19, 2011
    How am I becoming a slave to society? lol

15. did.... someone hear that sheep?

baaaaahh

:wave:

16. ^

...What are you talking about?

I like talking out of my ass from time to time too.

17. #18 Jazzyj, Jul 19, 2011
    Oh man, someone a rebel cause they didn't go to college! I wish I was such a hardcore nonconformist like yourself.

Congrats on the cash OP, I would love to get financial aid.

18. #19 Verdurous, Jul 19, 2011
    I'm actually getting an education and developing my mind so that I don't become a sheep. lol Ignorance isn't bliss, IMHO.

19. guess i should have asked, what are you going to study?