Thank you mods for your vigilance with these spams.

Discussion in 'General' started by kliff2004, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I dont know what better way I can thank you guys than making a thread dedicated to it.

If anyone else wants to express there graditude feel free =)

2. They are just doing their job.

3. backfire?

4. so far I have one cynical comment, one comment that was evidently deleted by a mod, and a neutral one.

good to see we are on the right path lol.

5. I couldn't imagine taking control of that spam.. how do you guys do it? Click delete click delete click delete? or is their a easier way?

6. We can delete all of a users posts in like 3 clicks but there's like 10 spambots making accounts at once!

7. [quote name='"Madmike420"']We can delete all of a users posts in like 3 clicks but there's like 10 spambots making accounts at once![/quote]

Can't you solve this by making us fill out a CAPTCHA every time we log in/sign up?

8. I wonder if the spammers are just people paid by those companies to go get hella high and hella drunk and post that shit all over the board.

9. Thanks isn't enough.

Those spam ran a muck here to long.

10. This is inspiring me to make a thread designed toward my hatred of CAPTCHA's...

11. i went through the last 5 pages and its all spam :laughing:

dedicated mothers

12. The admins are making plans to deal with the spambots were all a bunch of stoners though so shit takes some time LOL!

13. Wtf is the point of spambots.. is it just upset users that were banned getting pissed off?

14. i don't understand what people gain from using spambots. Its not like anyone actually clicks the link

15. They are using proxys now....

16. [quote name='"Thewastedyouth"']

This is inspiring me to make a thread designed toward my hatred of CAPTCHA's...[/quote]

As much as I hate them too, their whole point is to keep spam out.

17. ;)Hell yes to this thread! I spent the better part of the morning playing Mini MOD: SpamBot Repot II for windows 7.

Glad to see theres some other gamers. THERE WERE SOO MANY. Maybe its time for some jr. mods :ey: :wave: haha....:wave:

Im surprised soneone like DojaCFR or gnik or other various compies haven't been working on sum super top secret antispam program for GC....

18. They are, they are!

19. Not only do I hate spam but I hate spam too.

:cool: