Thank you, Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by VikingToker, Dec 24, 2017.

1. No sir I would have to disagree . Do some research .

Copied from a website .
    Christianity first arrived in North Africa, in the 1st or early 2nd century AD. The Christian communities in North Africa were among the earliest in the world. Legend has it that Christianity was brought from Jerusalem to Alexandria on the Egyptian coast by Mark, one of the four evangelists, in 60 AD.'

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

2. 13 years of kendo. Yes I train with them...
    No they're not for self defence. I won't tarnish them with blood of any kind.

Just don't try and convert people. Those who are ready will find god's word or not in their own time. No need for proselytizing.
    However, if you are going to try and give people information about religion, or god, or anything , be able to cite a source (that isn't YouTube) for your information.
    I don't much care what you believe, but when you make wild claims about how only you know what being Christian means, you would do well to back it up with more than "but that's god's word!" None of us is an outlet for god's voice. At best we can muddle through trying to understand god's plan (or lack of the same).

As a side note, Wikipedia is not a bad source for info. They cite almost all their info. Only info without citation is truly suspect. Cited information can be easily verified...

Now, back to my questions...
    Can you cite any of the claims you've made about Catholics, or Christians in general?
    What are your sources?
    I will read them. Don't link YouTube. Sources that don't cite their info are pure B.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Sorry I am a bit late to the discussion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Great tread and posts @VikingToker

I was raised in a Christian home and have since strayed away from the Western Christianies.

I might still consider myself a Christian but

1. I don't know exactly who Christ was, i believe the elites of the time destroyed records of Christ. Having said that, even what remains of Yeshua in the Bible is still a remarkable beyond belief, definitely worth modelling oneself after.

2. Not only do most Christians not understand their own religion, but the people who aren't Christians have a somewhat negative view of Christians as a result. As Yeshua said, "by their fruits ye shall know them", many supposed Christians yeild rotten fruit IMO.

3. From what I do know of Christ, he would not have wanted a religion built around his name. In fact one of his major symbolic triumphs was the tearing down of the curtain, the symbolic separation between the people and God (Yeshua was making the point that we have direct access to God, no intermediaries, no religion.)

Anyway, enough about me.

I also agree that Western society is hinged on the person of Christ, regardless of what naysaying atheists suggest. "Moral landscapes" and rational thinking do NOT lead to moral behavior unless the are hinged upon truth in one way or another. One can, in my opinion, deduce these truths to a decent degree without the acknowledgment of Christ, but when one does, they will discover they have inadvertently validated Christs principles.

It may sound like I am contradicting myself so I will clarify. Yeshua espoused principles that reflected the truth, that is, that humans are a microcosm of the Ultimate Being and our potential is unlimited. The materialist does not acknowledge this truth so their assertion that they can construct a moral framework without admitting that truth is bound to fail, they don't seem to realize, as Jordan Peterson correctly points out, their framework has an undercurrent of Christs principles that they don't acknowledge exists.

I suppose that is enough for now, I anxiously await your responses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FB_IMG_1495744085894.jpg

Dude Jesus didn't find America :lmafoe::lmafoe: Christopher Columbus did :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bullshit history! He was financed to settle America, they knew damn well it was here, hell Leif Erikson 'discovered it' a good half century before Columbus

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

7. Okay but either way this made up Jesus character didn't find America did he:laughing:

8. Certainly not!

Jesus is definitely not made up, the historicity of Jesus is as sound as it gets for historical evidence.

9. In fact it is hard to take anyone seriously who even suggests that.

10. Did Jesus Exist? (Ehrman) - Wikipedia

This is from one of the most preeminent New Testament scholars who is not a Christian.

"Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth is a 2012 book by the academic and author Bart Ehrman, a leading scholar of the New Testament and writer of over twenty-five books (including three college textbooks) in that field of study. In the book, written to counter the idea that there was never such a person as Jesus Christ at all, Ehrman sets out to demonstrate the historical evidence for Jesus' existence, and he aims to state why all experts in the area agree that "whatever else you may think about Jesus, he certainly did exist."[1][2]"

11. Don't link Wikipedia pure bull shit like i said i don't give a fuck what you believe. I can preach to however I want in the streets its not like you run any territory. I only believe the bible like I said if it supports God's Word its worth considering im tired of repeating myself to you

12. Believe what ever you want i don't give a fuck everyone believes something different. Thats fine if you don't agree it doesn't bother me none. I know what my church teaches clocks ticking for y'all anyway

13. Believe lmao it's a fact dude, do some research man, seriously just google the big bang & who found america..

• Like Like x 1
  14. I already know we are on the very opposite side of the spectrum. We argue a lot not worth discussing

15. Blah blah big bang i heard what you said its an athiest trying to prove God's Word is untrue which limits him to the complete understanding God's real. Theres a reason i believe in God. If God were not real nobody would ever believe in him .there wouldn't be true followers and prophets

16. You and I have argued a lot?

I am a theist so we aren't on opposite sides of the spectrum

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I forgot what theist means or care to know

18. Right do you use hospitals? If you do you believe in science, no need to get angry because it's been proved the earth was made by a big bang then people evolved, there was none of this Adam & eve bs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. @1God777 why the funny reaction? Scientists are the reason we have many cures for diseases, i guartee if you was terminally ill you wouldn't reject medicine that a scientist helped create.

20. You are a poor representation of Christ, and sadly you are outspoken about your ignorance.

I can only hope that one day you have a revelation and change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1