Tha Professor is in need of YOUR help.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tha Professor, May 25, 2010.

1. #61 DeLaUltraBlaze, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
    Dunno if it's been found out yet (just saw this), but that's Oli Sykes of BMTH; the most overrated hardcore band out right now.

Basically, the only reason the band is popular is because "girls find him cute," so they buy all of their merch and shit. But trust me on this one after seeing them perform twice: they fucking suck.
    The first show I went to was at a local venue and they were the act right before the headliner (Every Time I Die). Basically, Oli got pissed because people were singing the song with him and stopped the band from playing and went on saying "it's his fucking show." I feel him on it, but it was wayyy rude.
    The second time I saw them, the attitude was better but their performance was lackluster as shit. Basically, he half-assed on vocals (and he is shit already live; any song you hear from them off a CD compared to their live performance goes to show how much editing studios will do now), and they wouldn't play until there was a circle pit made.

Pretty much a douchebag in general. Also, he's not a hipster but a "scene kid." Not really that big of a difference, but there is one. Hope this helps out Professor.

Also, he's thrown a bottle of piss at a chick before, if that says anything.

Also, to clarify the looks of the hipster/scene/emo chick thing that was around earlier:
    Emo
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_p39Trjz5E-o/SZ-a1XLs3PI/AAAAAAAAArU/TuMNHkm37aY/s800/hot-emo-girl.jpg
    Scene
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_x3hJz_-bB...KQ/MXc5iY3aS7s/s400/scene+chicks+haircuts.jpg
    Hipster
    http://starringindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hipster_look_girl.png

May not seem different to anyone else here, but there are subtle differences.

2. people are too funny :p
    you all realize you're arguing over music right? something that is completely and totally subjective, a personal preference.
    it's like fighting for what type of food you like, POINTLESS.

and then there are those making fun of Oli based solely on a picture of him...we've definitely got some real winners in this thread.:hello:
    bashing peoples styles and appearances? shit, i'm back in 6th grade!

3. Preach on Professor! :hello:

As far as the 80s, well, hate to burst your bubble, but this "thing" pictured here is nothing more than this generations hair-band idol, so you're right in the sense that this isn't the first generation to attempt to be different, but oddly enough, it's basically the same.

Here's a question to ponder though, with regards to going against the norm. When a "rebellious" appearance in fact becomes the mainstream norm, would you still dress and/or act the same if your entire purpose was to show your independence and be a rebel? I mean seriously, this guy is only a few fake tattoos away from being a fucking extra on iCarly or some Disney after-school special.

Yeah, rebel rock star tough guy indeed...Please.

4. [​IMG]

5. That dudes just Bishōnen.

In western culture we generally like boys to be handsome, but some girls like their boys to be beautiful.
    If your a savvy marketer, and want to sell the most albums (or simply pick up the most underage chicks) than appealing to this phenomenon is as easy as getting a nice women's hair cut, applying some make up, and practicing "doe eyes".

The main reason why manly men get offended like you have Prof, is the confusion over this paradox; That guy is attractive to girls not because he has manly qualities, but girly ones.

6. [​IMG]

*Mind Blown*

Oh my God, i couldn't have said it better myself.

7. nobodys fighting over anything? everybody stated the FACT that this band is terrible and that guy looks like a bitch. I 100% guarantee you that your not over 18. metalcore is for fucking 12 your old kids that try to be hard. my god this band is no different than justin bebier or little wayne.

on a different note.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0iMxBFyWM]YouTube - Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face[/ame]

8. I dunno why but I cracked the fuck up, I'm still cracking up.

9. Please, for the love of god.. edit your title and add a warning saying "you cant unsee it".

10. How can that be a fact. You REALLY didn't read anything i just said, did you? I think i'd have more hope in getting through to a brick wall. You can't just judge something yourself and then state that your conclusion is a fact. It's called an opinion, look it up.;)

11. He looks like a feminine pussy excuse of a "man" who needed to get all tatted up to refrain from getting his ass beat.

Just my opinion.

I love tattoos on men, but that.... is to much for me.

12. DUDE..........you've just compared this no talent freak to Rock LEGENDS:eek:
    Even Mick with a feather boa around is neck, comes across as a "Badboy". This punk comes across as a GIRLBOY:D

Even Boy George would look like "The Rock" next to this jerk:smoke:

13. Not a fan of this guy, untill this post I'd never heard of him or his band, it's not really my thing. It is important to remember, though, that this is nothing new. This is just a musician with an appearance that you're not used to. This is representative of a sub-culture that you don't understand, so give it a bit of a break before bashing it. Don't dare say that what this kid is doing "isn't real music". Music is such a broad expansive embracing term, if there's someone out there that wants to hear his songs (Certainly if there's someone out there willing to pay to hear them) then it's real, meaningful music.

[​IMG]

That's poison, one of the 80's most well-known metal bands. To me this picture looks like a clothing add from the gay cowboy catalog, but I'm sure some of you older folks could look at this picture and think "Whoah, those guys are badasses"

In short, it's all relative, and most of you hating on this guy have no idea where he's coming from and no context in which to judge him. So quit it.

14. You're absolutely right. We shouldn't be judging a book by it's cover.

Then again, we're not judging a book here, more like a comic book...:D

And I say that with all fairness to any hair band or idol I was a fan of back when I was 12 years old too. Let's just say there's a reason 90% of musicians are well...musicians.

15. ITS THE IRONIC TEE, LIP RING COMBO, BRO!

Combine this with unoriginal tattoo's the credibility of your music goes up tenfold.

Gimmicks are what terrible genre's of music (see: metalcore) were founded on.

16. I really couldn't care how he looked if his music was good, but seeing as it I don't find it very good it's pretty much a lose-lose situation. Of course there have been plenty of front men that just love to be off the wall, like:

[​IMG]
    (He's definitely the best example of the bizarre rock singer)
    [​IMG]

Of course, the difference here is that they make music that I find quite enjoyable.

17. I won't lie, I actually LIKE Bring Me The Horizon (Oli Sykes band), and I have friends that do look pretty similar, haha. I won't say I find it too..normal, but hey, people do what they like to. Everyone has their own opinions, to each his own my friends.

18. He's just doing his thing. Being a crazy fuck.

19. I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest.

I feel like my dick would get confused but idk.

20. Where are her Tata's?:eek: Is that it a pare of mosquito bites?:((Rhetorical question)