TGA Subcool seeds now at Attitude!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by morganmegan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. #1 morganmegan, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
  2. All out of stock and knowing Mz Jill and Subcool, it cold be a while before they get any in. Mz Jill and Subcool are very picky of the genetics they sell and the quality of their seeds.

less

3. could also be that they are still in the acquisition process

when the attitude updated their website a little while back, they added several new vendors...the one im thinking of is ACE seeds. ACE was out of stock for a few weeks before they got it up and running

4. That could be true as well. I do know TGA is much like a few other reputable breeders I respect though, which means they seldom release stock they feel is not perfect. I'm a big fan of Mz Jill & Subcool's work. I list both of them in my top 10 when it comes to breeders.

It will be nice to see some people willing to grow some of their strains; I have grown Jilly Bean, Agent Orange, the original Jacks Cleaner, and Double Purple Doja, all of which were very good strains.

less

5. this might be a lil off topic but what do ya'll think about Kannabia and White Label as seed banks? Are there strains alright?

6. who else makes up your top 10?

7. Besides Mz Jill and Subcool? Neville(Seed Bank), Shantibaba(Mr. Nice), Ingemar(White Widow Web), Jasmin(Mandala Seeds), Luc(Paradise Seeds), REZ(Reservoir Seeds), Simone(Serious Seeds), G and Kat(Vancouver Island Seeds), and of course we cannot forget the true innovator, Sam himself who swept the very first official cannabis cup with Cultivators Choice.

There you have it, my top 10 list of breeders.

less

8. thanks.

No mention of DJ Short?

9. He is in my list of 10 hehehehe :D

10. how about DR. CHRONIC??

11. He is breeder ?

12. #12 lessismore, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009

Yes, he is a great breeder, and a trusted one. Honestly, I should include him, but I have also never worked with him personally either so it was a difficult choice. I have only grown a couple of his strains, where I have grown many from these others. I had grown some Subcool strains before most had even heard of him. So please, do not think I'm disrespecting him, it is just I have much more exprience with those I mentioned.

Dr. Chronic is a reseller, he has a few strains he has played with, Troublemaker, which I have grown, but you cannot call him an experienced breeder. He has a few strains, but he is mostly a reseller.

less

13. So were you responding to my post?

14. one thing for sure, the pics are extensive, and lots of atmosphere usually..... LOL!

15. wtf are you talking about

16. i'm talking about the way subcool advertises his strains. a buttload of pics, and pretty backgrounds with lots of colors and even tie-dye. plus, he's kind of an ass....

17. I dont know much about subcool as a person. I do know that he has been rather forthcoming with information for the cannabis community.

ive read several articles he wrote on breeding, and hsi observations / conclusions related to it. he's a bright individual, and seems to spread the knowledge better than most people in his position (note, not all...jasmin, shanti, gerrit, rez, and a few others tend to offer a hand whenever they get a chance)

18. #18 lessismore, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009

Actually, I have had many discussions with him, and by what do you base your knowledge of him being an ass on? I talk to him and his counterpart Mz Jill and they are both delightful people IMHO.

And you are right amoril, all this talk about who's genetics are the best and who does this or that, well IMHO the true aspects of being a good breeder is sharing experience and knowledge. I would agree whole heartedly with all those you mentioned, Shantibaba especially. He is very helpful in every aspect, and makes offers no other breeder in the business does.

What is wrong with making pictures more attractive, I would be more inclined to order a steak from a place which had a nice background & attractive picture on their advertisement, than just a simple plain picture of a steak thrown on a plate. If you want my opinion of who the biggest assholes are in the seed business it is Arjan and Franco, and quite honestly, I can throw Ingmar in there as well.

less

19. i'm sure he and his girl are very nice, when talking to potential customers, that's a given.

20. Thats odd, never purchased seeds from them. Amazing how you just jump out there w/ some bullshit and don't shit about me.

less