Tga soil vs humbolt soil

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ruffstylez, Aug 31, 2013.

1. I am testing this new super soil sent to the warehouse and figured I'd attempt a journal with it. It will mostly just contain pictures but will try to add as much as I can. I will be using the tga super soil in 7gal pots and the humbolt co super soil in 7gal pots under 1000watt mh and flowered under 1000 watt hps. Tga is a 2part mix I use with roots organic the other can be used by itself. Both are water only. I have some in tga super soil already wil be transplanting tomorrow into the super soil from humbolt.

2. I like my soil. Better then either ofthose. Be interesting to see a comparison though.

3. Some photos. The bigger are all in tga soil. The smaller are n 2gallons and will go in 7s tomorrow. Strains are bubba kush, blue dream, uw, and purple diesel. The bigger clones were taken late July and the smaller were almost 2 weeks later. If I get more time I will hang up my reflective and add my vertical 200 watt cfls. I am going to try to see how far water only will take me. This is just a test but here we go.

Attached Files:

4. . These soils basically contain the same as my soils and are already cooked for 2 weeks. I am also testing skying skulls new product separately. They brought us nuke em

5. is this tga soil premade or did you make it yourself?  I made my own and it grew some tasty smoke.

6. Both are premade. Tga is oregon and washington only but 30 a bag. Humbolt will have 2 kinds one in home depot etc and a special hydroponica blend in grow shops. Price will be way cheaper then tga and you dont need to do the 50/50 mix or risk burning.

Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. I've made tga soil before even used his base soil while doing it. This soil is so fluffy great at water retation. I've never seen such a soft, good looking soil. The humbolt soil has 33 percent perlite but the owner Says I may want to add more but that it needs nothing else from start to finish.

9. Thats aweaome my pics are upside down. Dunno y first time uploadin off ipad

10. #10 ruffstylez, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
    Small update. I got the soil today, but have no info on it. I got enough for a couple plants and see how they react before I transplant anymore.

The soil looks dank but don't wanna risk burn or anything. It's been cooking for over 4 months and is there first indoor batch. Pic 1 is humbolt super soil. P2 is bubba kush fresh in it. P3 is blue dream. P4 is purple diesel and last pic is group shot of my slightly older ones in tga soil.

Attached Files:

11. Small update. I will be trying to top and tie down the 3 n humbolt soil but will be busy for a few days. Running low on space to really bush them out but il try to figure something out. Going to water them all tomorrow. The transplant was pretty rough they were still a bit wet and almost fell apart

12. You bought the sub cool soil? Diy?

There is a photo of the bag in this thread.

14. Its pre cooked and bagged. The humboldt soil is aged 4 months and this is the first indoor batch given out to be tested. It cant be bought yet but they hope to release 3 versions in 2014. A indoor special hydro store bag (testing now) a special hydro store bag outdoor (testing done) and then an all purpose bag that will be in stores like lowes home depot. Tga soil has been out bagged for a year and you can buy it in oregon and washington but its 30 bucks a bag. Its recommended to do the bottom half tga and the top half ff, roots or tga base but I go from clone to roots 1g to 7gal tga and no burn. Humboldt soil should be around half the cost of tga.

15. Let me know when that stuff is $8/CF

HaGGard

16. I heard the humboldt is cheap but only was sold in truck loads. The bagged price is still unknown but the guy hydroshop owner says if it goes well and his cost doesnt change bags could be about 10 bucks.

17. Sorry. Didnt know itd be this hard to get updates. This is just a test and not a real grow area very hard to walk around. They are pretty crowded might get rid of the runts to free up space.

Attached Files:

18. 8 are bout 3 weeks into flower. The random 4 will remain in veg. All others are statting flower today. I got somr still in 2gal pots. not sure if il finisg em or toss em to get more space. They got burnt bad early on and arent looking to hot