Tex's 1st Attempt at indoor growing

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Texas Sinsemilla, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I am a long time reader of GC and have now begun my attempt at indoor gardening. I dont have my setup 100% but i have enough to start and ill be documenting it along the way seeking advise and wisdom from my fellow growers.

So far i have set up my GL60 in my spare bedroom, which still needs to be cleaned out but i have managed to get a corner for myself. I have started to germinate my bag seed which i have collected over the last few months from my different dank strains. I just hope some of these babys are ladies. the other day my first seedling popped up and got me all excited, i cant wait for the rest of them to sprout!

Till next time I'll catch you on the flip side

Attached Files:

2. Woke up this morning to find a surprise waiting for me in my tent, my baby # 2 has sprouted exciting times!

Does anyone know why my images are uploading wrong? i upload a picture and it rotates after upload.. :mad:

Attached Files:

3. I'm in the same situation, except I'm at 12/12 now. have you seen any mites on your plants?

4. No I don't have any mites in my tent, If you got mites..What I would do is blast them with CO2, there are a few ways to go about it. If you have the money get a tank and reg and blast those fuckers to about 1800ppm if you are on a budget you can buy a propane torch and turn it on for about 10-20min, idk how much co2 it will provide in that time or your grow space.. All this can be found on grasscity

5. Update today, Today i went to the my local hydro store and picked up some goodies. I picked up some GH Micro/Bloom, Superthrive and Neem oil (i had a handful of fungus gnats)

My 2 plants are about 7 days old now and will be getting their nutes in about 4-6 days. Plant 2 is thriving under the light and plant 1 isn't doing as good but its still young and im not worried.

I have uploaded some new pictures of the baby's after i sprayed them with some neem oil

Attached Files:

6. I woke up this morning and went and checked on my babies, overnight plant 1 has had some major growth which was a pleasant surprise

Plant 1 - is about 8/9 days old, im going to start feeding it nutes within the next day or so
    Plant 2 - is about 6/7 days old, and will start nutes a few days after plant 1 is fed.

i am going to use the H3AD formula, using General Hydroponics Flora and Bloom and Cal/Mag. i will also be adding a drop or 2 of superthrive.

Attached Files:

7. Soo last night after i got home from the bar, i was feeling a lil faded and decided to randomly start feeding my plants, I was going to go by a schedule, but i saw some possible signs of nutrient deficiency, So i decided to mix 1/4 strength of whats recommended when using the H3AD formula. I also added 2 drops of superthrive and 1.2ml of cal/mag into a 1gal jug of distilled water and ph down to 5.6 that will be going into my coco

And this morning when i awoke, i had a plant #3 at the top of the coco! the coco was dry, so i watered it with a distilled water from a 1 gal jug that had 2ml of cal/mag added to it. I was very careful about how much i put in the soil I pre-rinsed all the coco, so i don't think it will be a big deal as long as i stay reasonable with it.

I had some issues with fungus gnats in the first few days, So each time i water ive topped the medium and plants off with a bit of neem oil from my spray bottle.

I should have another update in a few days, unless seed #4 sprouts

Attached Files:

8. This morning i woke up and checked on my plants but not after dabbing up with some homemade bho made from a nice purple strain

baby plants 1&2 are doing great! i just topped them off with some more flushed coco, and topped off with a feeding, so far i have water nute-nute when they need water next it will just be water until they show me its too much for them.

Baby seedling/plant 3 doesnt look like its gonna make it. It hasnt done anything in a few days since it started showing green. but we will see

baby seed 4 is just cracking the surface, and is on her way.

Attached Files:

9. Hey bud! Another fellow Texan! Happy to see ya posting dude! Looks great so far!:wave:

Ok a couple things I noticed to help ya out a bit:

Those plants are too young to be receiving nutrients, I like to wait when they have 3 sets of actual serrated leaves (not counting the little rounded ones) going before hitting them with nutrients. When using the H3ad formula you can give it to em full blast when you have three definitive serrated leaves without fear of burning or locking anything out.

Are you using RO water or tap? No need to water with cal/mag if you are using tap, thats just to replace the calcium and magnesium that the filter strips from tap water. Also you don't have a need to worry about neem oil right now.. it's good you bought it for future use, buts not currently needed with your seedlings. Be weary of spraying any kind of solution on the leaves, I try to avoid doing this because it will burn the leaves when the light reflects off the bubbles that form.

That looks like the perfect tent for a monster scrog bro...:cool::cool::cool:

Seriously glad we got another Texan reppin it hard.. Jo4n2e0s is from around the area as well.. you can find him posting on my thread.:smoke::smoke:

10. thanks for the feed back, ill cut out the nutes until i get the third set. I havent been constantly giving them cal/mag, just once alone and that was just to treat the coco before and then in the nutes.
    This lil tent is only for veg/mothers im about to purchase a GL145 (4x4) and outfit for my flowering, I was thinking about doing a scrog in that tent but haven't fully decided, i have plenty of time to decide lol

I am feeding them currently with distilled water only. I am thinking about setting up a water resivore with distilled water (my tap is okay, but distilled is better for now) and using Air stones and my water chiller until i get my 4x4 set up,i will be using the water chiller in my Ice Box heatexchanger system to combat our texas summer

11. Distilled should be fine..

We DO have quite the summers around here huh? I am thinking about getting a window AC unit for the house.. bout 300 bucks at Lowes, but I dunno.. it hasn't gotten too bad yet!

Have you fired up the chiller and everything?

12. Yea last summer was brutal, and i wasnt even growing, i imagine this year we will break the record for consecutive days at 100 (since we were 1 day short last year)

I havent fired up my water chiller yet, i havent gotten all the parts yet.. i need to get a tote & tubing. But i will def put up pictures when i do. Me personally i didnt want to buy a window ac because of the operating cost and efficiency of air cooling compared to water cooling

For just under $500 (Maybe under $400 on 4/20) you can get a water chiller/water pump/ice box, tubing and stick that on the other end of your reflector (if its aircooled) and it will be more effective. 1, it cools your heat in the tent or grow room, and 2 it will provide air conditioning for the room/tent so all in all its cheaper to operate cause the chiller doesnt use as many amps as a window unit.

Do you buy everything online or do you go to a local shop? like texas hyrdo or jolly green hydro?

13. Mr. Sweets is right down the road.. I been known to frequent there and the small Lonestar one off 635.

I have a fairly small house and I think running a window unit will be more efficient for me to run than my central AC.. haha now I just have to try to explain that to my chicka. :rolleyes:

14. Thanks, I've never heard of Mr.Sweets till now, ill have to check them out.

Yea the ol' ball n chain can ruin our brilliant plans with reality and logic.. well there logic and reality lol

15. Hey everyone just a quick update this evening

Plant 1 and 2 are looking good they are showing its 3rd set now. I havent watered since 4/5 and so this evening i hit it with some 1/4 strength nutes that i had premixed a few days ago.

Attached Files:

16. Hey everyone, The other evening i made some real nice honey oil from 2 different strains and it has turn out delightful!

Now on to the update, So i noticed after my last water (nutes 1/4 strength) plant number 2 got burned a lil bit and it has put a lil stress on the plant. This evening i watered it with plain filtered water ph'd at 5.7 and at 67 degrees. we will see how it does over the next few days.

Plant 1 is doing amazing, this weekend i am going to transfer into a bigger pot, i checked out her root mass this evening and it has reached the bottom. I cant decide if i should transplant into a 1gal or 3gal smart pot that i have. Any advice? I am going to do a 50/50 of canna coco and perlite.

Also, as of wed my plants are now on 20 on 4 off light schedule, after about 2 to 3 weeks ill switch it to a 18/6 unless any of my fellow growers advise otherwise. I cannot wait for 4/20! i plan on taking full advantage of the sales on greners/ehydroponics/bghydro etc.. and plan on purchasing this list..

Ordered: 1 SYSGMP4x4 4'x4' Grow Room Package
    Ordered: 1 904170 Ducting with Clamps - 25' - 6""
    Ordered: 1 HX66710 Hortilux Super HPS EN Lamp - 600W
    Ordered: 1 TM01715D Hydrofarm Dual Outlet Digital Timer 7 Day
    Ordered: 1 GL145 GrowLab GL145 Portable Grow Room
    Ordered: 1 LK600-CM Lumatek 600W Digital Ballast HPS/MH 120V/240V Dimmable & Multi-Watt
    Ordered: 1 SW604 Sunleaves WindTunnel Inline Fan - 4"" 200 CFM
    Ordered: 1 701003 Phresh Filter 4"" x 12"" 200 CFM
    Ordered: 1 ACR0604 Duct Reducer 6"" - 4""
    Ordered: 1 ACBD6 Active Air Backdraft Damper - 6""
    Ordered: 1 710114 ProGrip Ratchet Light Hanger
    Ordered: 1 HSICE Ice Box Heat Exchanger 6""
    Ordered: 1 904650 Blockbuster 6"" Reflector
    Ordered: 2 DS4 Dust Shroom-4"
    Ordered: 1 ACF95 Active Air Blower System - 95 CFM
    Ordered: 1 SW604 Sunleaves WindTunnel Inline Fan - 4"" 200 CFM

Attached Files:

17. How are you ph' ing your water? If it is a pen type I suggest getting some calibration solution and calibrate it regularly, if not before each use. I learned that lesson the hardway..:rolleyes:

Go with the 3 gal smart pots! Bigger is better!:D :D

18. i am Ph'ing my water with a hanna HI98129 combo pen, i have their ph calibration solution and cleaning/storage solution too. got everything off ehydro for just over 200

19. Hmm.. That sounds good to me.

What nutrient schedule and nutrients are you on again? The H3ad formula? I know you said, but I can't remember(stoned).;)

Are you using cal/mag? What kind of water are you using?

Honestly it might still be just too early to hit them with nutes. I have a couple Blue Widow seedlings right about this size that I'm still just giving tap water and superthrive... They look great, but I can tell that it won't be long til they will need some assistance.

20. Its cool im on the moon myself. I agree i think plant 1 is good for nutes but not plant 2.

Yea H3AD formula using GH and i have GO cal/mag and superthrive.. i fuckin love superthrive.. i also need to go purchase some hygrozyme