Texas Executes Mexican Man for Murder

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Jan 23, 2014.

1. [quote name="forty winks" post="19396856" timestamp="1390547756"]except for the slaves at the time, i guess. that's the uniquely american part; that such a grand document could even be written at a time when the very meaning of those very words was being defiled by those who wrote them.[/quote] this is true. And they wrote extensively about it. The original documents read life liberty and private property not pursuit of Happiness. This was taken out because of the slavery issues. bat mobile

2. [quote name="aPersonUponaHill" post="19397034" timestamp="1390550708"]Own any guns? Just asking because under your idea you'll need them for sure.[/quote]yep and in 40 year's I haven't even shot one person. Although 2 of my friends have been murdered by police. One for pulling I'd out of a buttsack (early 80s) and another for stolen 10 dollar music cd. In my town the police are the thugsbat mobile

Right, just shooting people for fun. Yea okay.

4. [quote name="aPersonUponaHill" post="19397064" timestamp="1390551312"]Right, just shooting people for fun. Yea okay.[/quote] happens almost every daybat mobile

In the United States it doesnt, not by police officers. Stop trolling for attention.

6. Lol, Mr. Raider is the one trolling?!

7. "Judicial corporal punishment is far less expensive and time-consuming than incarceration. Incarceration saddles taxpayers with expenses for food, clothing, shelter, medical care, security, personnel costs, building expenses and other burdens. America's 2.3 million inmates are essentially a huge mass of full-ride welfare recipients. Incarceration removes people from the productive economy, cages them, and prevents most of them from working productively or efficiently in the private sector. Prison industries are state businesses and usually only make products for use by the state. There are not nearly enough prison jobs to go around. "http://www.corrections.com/news/article/28290-why-judicial-corporal-punishment-is-better-than-incarcerationJudicial corporal punishment...What is so wrong with flogging as this article calls it. Economically and socially it seems beneficial And the private prison systems need to stop that is bullshit slavery

^^ Oh man do u not live in America????

Ever since i was young, i was always told that police are the "Gang" in our neighborhood. Stay away. And dont talk to them. Even if they talk to you. Face it man, now and days. Police are the last people to trust. Especially one u dont know or ever met. Yea i know, when ur in trouble, who u do call? The police. Right. But shit, if i can go find the guy who raped my daughter or robbed my house and take care of him myself. I would. But i cant. American frowns upon that. 

And on the subject matter. Mexicans are doing worse shit out in mexico. Im sure the mexican who died was like "Psssh. Thats it?"

9. Judicial corporal punishment, such as whipping, may be effective in deterring certain types of crime, and lowering the numbers of prisoners serving sentences in institutions. It would not, however, be an appropriate alternative to the death penalty, or a life sentence in prison, for murderers such as the subject of this thread.

10. That is why you take limbs without hands you can't grab a knife or pull a trigger you will most definitely be tainted by your choices as people in public will see that as well.. Diminish them to nothing BUT there are a lot if points for and against this will just make everyone hate USA some more

11. [quote name="Saca La" post="19397991" timestamp="1390576094"]^^ Oh man do u not live in America????Ever since i was young, i was always told that police are the "Gang" in our neighborhood. Stay away. And dont talk to them. Even if they talk to you. Face it man, now and days. Police are the last people to trust. Especially one u dont know or ever met. Yea i know, when ur in trouble, who u do call? The police. Right. But shit, if i can go find the guy who raped my daughter or robbed my house and take care of him myself. I would. But i cant. American frowns upon that. And on the subject matter. Mexicans are doing worse shit out in mexico. Im sure the mexican who died was like "Psssh. Thats it?"[/quote]Mexicans are trying to stand up for what they are as people Corrupt governments a powerful cartel killing its own citizens...Sounds a bit like we might have an example of whats to come to the American people

12. #52 Insert Name Here, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    There's a big difference from someone who kills someone being the victim of capital punishment (which I support in most instances) and and unborn innocent baby! That person made a choice to commit the acts; that child did not choose anything, even to point of conception.

13. kill people to show that killing people is wrong, arent we special?

14. No kill people that jeopardize other people's lives by murdering innocent people. Putting them in jail for the rest of their lives seems a little convenient for someone who goes off the handle and kills innocent people. They made their bed...  

15. My primary issue with this is that even though Texas has a HUGE hard-on for executing people (including innocent ones), he probably wouldn't have gotten the death penalty if he hadn't killed a cop.  While I do respect some cops (not because of their profession but because of who they are as a person) I do not think that killing a police officer should automatically result in a death sentence.   No profession deserves that kind of reverence. 

16. I like how on the news they said that the Mexican officials asked for a delay because the guy didn't have enough time to get his lawyers straight....well he has been in prison for what 20 years lol

17. #57 mandrin13, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Wow that is fucked up, even for Texas!

None of you would be for this if you were imprisoned in some mid eastern prison awaiting a death sentence while the US said no wait, and they did it anyway.

18. I, personally, think Texas had the right idea...for once. I support the death penalty; like someone above me said (laptop is being wonky, can't scroll up to quote you), they made their bed, they can lay in it.

19. can't really prove a point to anybody if they are dead...

but on this instance, i think the death penalty was a better idea, than wasting tax payers dollars on keeping him alive for the rest of his life