Testing Ph

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by guitargod45, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Something is wrong with my plants lately. The bottom leaves are yellowing, turning brown and falling off. I think it may be a Ph problem causing a lock out of other nutes, but im not sure how to test it, i have little test strips but i dont know how to do that, since my plants are rooted in the ground, do i dig up soil around it and test that? Even so how do i test it without the Ph of my water compromising the results of the soil. I can post pics of my plant tomorrow if that will help with the diagnosis. Thanks, later

2. Thats normal, sometimes MJ drops the older fan leafs.

- Vince

3. It is normal for the lower leaves to die off, I pick up a handful every day.

4. how to test soil is;

in ur general growing area, dig down about 4-6 inches. remove any roots, rocks or other, put in a good handfull of soil into a ziplock. then depending on what county, state, country, etc. take the sample to the soil lab.

here in my state and most states surrounding me, all the counties have a 'soil conservation department'. that is where i take my soil sample and in about 10 days, for 20$, they let me know what the pH, organic matter, N,P,K,Ca,iron, and a few other things i have. plus they ask what im going to grow (veggie garden ofcourse) and they tell u how much Lime, N,P,K, etc to add to get ur soil to get it to be in the range of ur desired garden (again, its veggies ofcourse).

i do it all the time where i live because i have an area where i need to lower the pH quite a bit and i have areas where i need to raise the pH quite a bit.