Tested Positive

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by It 8 Me, Jun 4, 2009.

1. So just last Wednesday, I went to the doctor for my annual physical examination and I asked them to test me for TB(it's almost 2 years since my last one, I need it for work). They performed the new TB Blood Test on me where they took blood from me to fill up 3 filled with some sort of antigen or something. I get a call from work yesterday from one of the nurses telling me that the tests came out Positive. I'm not too worried, but I was very surprised when I found out. I just don't want to swallow pills for 6-9 months which will probably make me lose my appetite and may potentially cause Hepatitis.

Any comments or feedbacks would be great.

2. tb = tuberculosis right?

3. How Doc Holliday of you.

4. yeah, sorry forgot to be more clear

5. I just got a TB test cuz my mom had TB so I had to get tested for it. The nurse told me there are a lot of false positives, so you just might have got a false positive.

But goodluck man.

6. The first time I got stoned and went to school, I was sent to the office with about half of the higher end admins. Turns out I didn't turn in my TB form, but I was so paranoid and sketchy I'm surprised they couldn't tell.

I ended up going home, ordering a pizza, and going to sleep. :D

7. hey if you have tb than i wish you the best of luck but if its a false positive like someone else said than your good. i pray for you man

8. Holy shit. Whats the stat on TB these days? Curable?

9. Treatable but not curable to the best of my knowledge

10. You can be a TB carrier while never showing symptoms of the illness. There are a lot of people that are carriers. It only becomes a problem when the bacteria 'activate.' Most carriers never have to worry about that