Terror

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sublime, Mar 4, 2017.

1. This'll be short and quick, though I could elaborate.

Why is it that Americans fear the threat of terror....yet are unphased by the civil acts of terror that goes on on a daily? We work more to address an issue that affects us so much less ("terrorists") than the terror in our own country committed by our own people.

I have more chance of dying by my fellow American than by a terrorist. What gives? What's the big scare about terrorists? The real terrorists are in our backyards. The violent criminals of our streets.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'm an American and I feel quite the opposite. Most people I know are similar. But I guess for those who do, it's because of a lifetime of conditioning and propaganda intended to instill to fear an external enemy be it the Russians, al Qaeda, ISIS or otherwise. Fear is a pretty strong motivator, people are more willing to give up essential liberties for the illusion of security. It's a good vehicle for control. It helps maintain the status quo. Vote for me because the other side is exposing the country to danger. Vote for me because the other side is gonna take away your rights/healthcare/guns, etc. It's a big fear fest which is why I support third party candidates if any.

Honestly I'm pretty bored of the cycle of Islamic terrorists and the Russians. I want some anti Argentina or Nepal propaganda for once.

• Like Like x 6
  3. most people are affected and terrified by street criminals but thats a very broad term not everyone who does organized crime wants to kill U.S. citzens like isis for example.

4. You jerked the words right out of my mouth. It's fear and propaganda because the government and its shills in the media greatly benefit from creating boogymen to "protect" us from.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Basically, it's a huge conspiracy to preserve US dollar hegemony and create "banana republics" for large corporations and banks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The only ones threatening my liberty are right here under the guise of government.

People are so concerned with their life that they can and are being convinced they have to give up all other liberties to secure their life. At that point, how much is your life going to be worth living?

The mentality that would better serve them is

"Give me liberty or give me death"

• Like Like x 2
  7. I think it's a racist anti Arab tactic used to demonize Muslims, even though Muslims, Jews, and Christians all have terrorists of their own. The government wants us to be afraid of brown skinned immigrants to distract us from the terrorism they commit, and the terrorism committed by American citizens. Also, perpetuating a "war on terror" is a good way to keep us in constant war which profits for the military industrial complex. Constant war is the basis of the American economy to the detriment of most Americans and when you're engaging in a war against terrorism around the world, you get to keep killing people, overthrowing their countries, stealing their natural resources to make more short term profits for yourselves (the US government and wealthy elites) and of course, you get to constantly create and inspire more anti-American terrorists to ensure there will always be an enemy to fight against and threaten you, so you can keep the public scared and on your side, brainwashed into fearing terrorism so you can justify your perpetual wars.

Honestly I'm not surprised our country has so many enemies and inspires so much terrorism. We are terrorists ourselves and now a laughing stock because of our new government leaders. I predict there will be a lot more homegrown lone wolf acts of terror (ISIS inspired or not) in our own country from our own citizens of all colors. Dissidents are probably already labeled terrorists by the government and I think a lot of it is race or religion profiling related.

• Like Like x 4
  8. According to the NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake we had the opportunity to kill or capture Bin Laden multiple times but the order was given to stand down, going back to Tora Bora in late 2001. Imagine how hard it would have been justify the military expansionism if the posterboy boogieman was brought to justice just a couple months after 911?

He also claims the NSA had plenty of intelligence on the hijackers and alCIAda. We cant forget Lt. Col Anthony Shaffer and the intel of Able Danger that was ignored and suppressed.

Sigh

• Like Like x 2
  9. We can afford to spend 54 billion dollars more a year on our bloated military budget to lead wars that have only lead to increased rates of terrorism. But we can't possibly afford to fund public college education for every kid for only 80 billion a year. Also notice how they never ask Trump how he'll pay for the military expansion but you can guarantee the same moronic press core would be hounding Bernie or any other politician who actually proposes spending money domestically instead of on military contractors by saying "how will you pay for it" "it's too much money" "it's pie in the sky."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Truth be told, I've always said this. And people always question my patriotism shortly after.

I've always said we have been the ones who instigate terror. We are the terrorists. Osama actually asked America to stop bombing innocents and we refused. When we bomb a school of theirs, its fighting terrorism. If they attack back, it's terrorism. So our idea is they're supposed to sit back and just let us keep bombing them endlessly until they're satisfied with profits.

11. Anytime you bomb or kill innocents in another country, usually it's deemed as a terrorist act. You only fight the soldiers in front of you, or maybe political figures would count.

America does this SO often. Almost on a basis. Between drone strikes killing innocents and the bombs. If they did the same thing to us, we'd scream terror.