Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Terrible headache after smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thelizardkin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. I picked up some new bud last night very sativa dominant jack herer this stuff is crazy got me higher than I've been in a long time off only 2 medium size bong bowls as I was coming down i got this bad headache it's been bugging me for a few hours now I tried smoking again about an hour ago but that only made it worse it's really hurting now any thing I can do

2. Sativas give me headaches, too. If you have advil or something similar, try taking that.
    Indicas will usually help me if I have a headache, too, so if you have an indica strain, smoke that.
    Also, ice packs on your head will give you relief as well as lying in a dark room.

3. Drink more water, smoking dehydrates you. Being well hydrated helps with the comedown from anything anyway.

4. Make sure you remove all your stalks even the small ones aswell, i've always been told they give you headaches if you smoke em

5. Were there any stems or seeds in there? Seeds tend to give headache.

6. You may have accidentally smoked a seed or two, i made taht mistake back when i was a rookie adn boy didi that suck.

7. 1000mg acetaminophen and 800mg ibuprofen. And I second the fluids recommendation.

8. If weed is causing your brain to hurt, something isn't right. UNLESS, it was inevitable you were going to get one because you were already dehydrated.

9. Absolutely not.

Take an excedrin for migraines (acetaminophen, caffeine, aspirin) it'll clear you right up.

Source: med school

10. [quote name='"Money May Kerr"']

Absolutely not.

Take an excedrin for migraines (acetaminophen, caffeine, aspirin) it'll clear you right up.

Source: med school[/quote]

Sure, a migraine OTC will work, but most people have Tylenol and Motrin laying around. 1000/800 is a pretty proven headache killer.

Why "absolutely not"?

11. My friend grows jack herer and i love it but ive never gotten i headache from it. You might have smoke a stem cause at least for me i got massive headaches when i acceiendlty smoke a stem.

12. I get them once in a while. They suck. I experience those headaches after smoking. When vaping I never really get lifted, so never get headaches after vaping.

13. I hate that it sucks when you try to sleep it off.

14. becuz mortin is an NSAID (non steroidal anti inflamitory drug) and that isnt what it does.

15. Aspirin is an NSAID too!

16. I only get headaches from smokin midsss aka doodoo brown weed

17. Thank you I ended up popping some tylonol and it went away the weed looks like frosty mids and is very stemmy but hits like dank

18. aspirin and Tylenol work together like PB n j for headaches, ibuprofen blocks prostaglandin production which leads to lower inflammation. Aspirin works by blocking the pain receptors and acetaminophen works by increasing the pain threshold that way you kill every angle of the headache...

The caffeine allows for 35-45% more bioavailability of the aspirin and acetaminophen

19. this guy is gonna perscribe ganja i know it ^^

20. Haha no doubt hopefully a dispensary will open in NJ