Terrible for day 36

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tywa, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Made a previous post a month ago, concerned about the yellowing of some leaves, a month later and only 1 set of new leaves and the rest are still slowly dying.

Indoor grow

Black gold natty soil with 1/4 tsp of camg+ diluted in to a gallon of water @ 30 days and still nothing...

ph is at 6.4 humidity low 32% high 77%

Temp 73-88 depending on weather outside too

4 cfl 13w

One is not growing while the other seems to be growing very slowly

Attached Files:

2. Firstly, you started it off in a container that is about 50 times too large. I suspect that, when the plant didn't start growing like you thought it should, you thought something was wrong with it and over watered or fed when the plant just simply needed left alone. Doing something to one at this stage almost always ends up with problems....like nute burn, root rot, etc. You don't tell us what brand of soil you have it planted in, but there are enough nutrients naturally in the soil to carry the plant for several weeks without needing nutes. You only start nutes once the plant has had a chance to use up the nutrients that came in the soil. Putting a little seedling in a pot this size will ensure that it's going to take the plant a while to get rooted in and use up the nutrients in the soil. How often do you water and how do you determine whether your container needs watering? You have to maintain defined wet/dry cycles with these plants and I seriously doubt that little seedling has had the opportunity to use up the water you initially put in the pot at planting, much less needing anymore.
    Put the plant under the veg light and LEAVE IT ALONE! That soil you have it in may have been a little bit too hot for it to start out in. I'm not familiar with that soil type, but you do not need to put anything else in that plant until it has a chance to come back and get in better shape. Make sure the water in the pot is gone...at least 80-90% before you give anymore water. Do you have a very reliable pH tester? I say this because many try to use the drops kits and it's almost impossible to know if you're in the correct range or not and the cheap pH testers are totally unreliable. pH means everything to the health of your plants, so it's imperative that whatever you're using to check pH is telling you the correct values. Incorrect pH range of the liquids you put into your plants will lock the roots of the plant up and it won't be able to take in nutrition.
    Get on the new grower threads here and read a BUNCH! Like many, you worried about getting the setup there to grow with but didn't take the time to learn the correct way to grow the plant. Everything you need to know is logged here in the new grower threads. Good luck! TWW

3. You're right about the plant not using up the water we initially put in there, I think it's just evaporating from the soil cause it gets home dry every 2-3 days and they are only watered when middle and index finger come out bone dry. Is the green pot too big or the blue smart pot? And the pH meter was a recently calibrated digital one. I also forgot to mention they are on 18/6 light cycle. Successful outdoor last year but the new neighbors have a bunch of teenagers so you know how that is...

• Like Like x 1