Terpenes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by holyreefer, Jun 18, 2014.

1. http://growweedeasy.com/better-taste-better-smell

So I grew some Royal seeds OG Kush got almost 1 lb from 5 plant scrog after drying for 16 days and starting the cure all of the smell has left. I've been googling all day and came across this for ways to increase terpenes which I'm turn is suppose to help with the "Dank " smell.Anyone know if this is true ?

Holyreefer

2. Dried for 16 days? I thought I fucked up hanging for 9 days.

Seems excessive does it not?

That may be the issue, how is the buds? feel and smoke?

3. hmmm man im curious as to when you thought by hanging in the dry room for 2 weeks was a good idea.. :-S as to make it come back all you can do is cure it for awhile some of it comes back..

4. Well my issue is my Air here it's way too dry
    The smoke is crazy smooth and the buds have that spongy dry feel to them

You think I'm taking to long to dry?
    Could be I thought this strain was my any good for smell.

I can also say that the first couple of days of curing the smell was strong but the longer it went the smell left

Holyreefer
    I'm thinkng maybe I didnt cure for long enough my cure was maybe a good 7-8 days

Even though I always ready 14 days and beyond

Holyreefer

I live where its bone dry too.

What I do is hang 3 days , bigger buds a day or two more. Then bag/jar it up and go the burping routine.

I cure at least a month.  I do get to that moisture content and that period during the cure that the smell goes away but it does come back.

I hate to grow kick ass bud and fuck up the cure, im picky as fuck now.

6. Man that's what my issue now is I've become too picky and only want top quality, smoke, smell & taste

I'm going to reduce my dry time down to the 7-9 days verses the 16 day dry time and see how that works out for me. Since I'm cutting back a full 8-10 days I should be in cure mode a lot sooner. Wish I had something coming down now so I could give it a go now but I don't...whomp whomp

Holyreefer

7. Use terpinator

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 painterdude, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Get some Boveda packets. I forget the # right off my head. Like Boveda 62. Put them in your jar or bag and it will rehydrate your stuff. Like $10 on eBay for 15 or so of them. I use them near the end of the jars. Gives it a better taste. Always worked for me. It's worth a try. If I over dry or just have end baggies. I use them and in a few days it tastes fresher.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum