Terminator 2 - A Question, then some stuff.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CheebaWeeba, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Just wondering, what's everyones take on why AFTER the T1000 re-forms from being shot to pieces while frozen by the liquid nitrogen, does the things feet and hands absorb/imitate the floor and things it touches?
    Is it that it's a hot place? It's damaged? What?

Also, here's a bit of a blurb I put up on another site when I watched it...because if you've seen and enjoyed T2 in it's original form, you might want to check this out:

I've been showing my young lady (6 Y/O) the series, we've got her to the point she'll actually sit through things, so why not.
    She actually had her first like outright emotional response to a movie, of course, the thumbs up scene.
    So anyway...if you haven't got it...I'd suggest a BluRay pick up right now.
    The "Brand new Digital Restoration" one.
    I'd seen a special edition directors cut thing before that had a couple of extra scenes thrown in.
    This one comes with the "extended special edition" version.

For starters, from my childhood to now I still find this a phenomenal film that hit heights far higher than anything to follow it...It had been a good 8-9 years since I'd seen it last, so it was somewhat fresh again which was cool.
    I don't need to throw in any more about this. It's Terminator 2.

Though yeah...the version we watched with the (even more) extra scenes integrated into the film was amazing. The stuff that was missing...I get how sometimes people hate directors cut versions or watch extras and go "I get it", and it's easy to see why some things get left out for pacing etc.
    Not in this case.
    Maybe it was a budget thing? Bit of both? Maybe considered "too much" for an action film? Who knows.
    But the stuff is good.
    There was even an alternate ending or, extra bit...which actually ends the movie, and franchise pretty well.
    Maybe that's why they didn't go with it...

Anyhow look, if you like the movie, see this version.
    I think it makes for a richer film experience and a slightly more emotionally weighted story line.
    Showing it's age a little to be sure, but it's still Cameron at his best.

• Winner Winner x 1

2. I'd find my niece something a little less desensitizing,
    however a credit to you for teaching her the violent aspects of your society
    T2 has had many runs now in various extentions

the euro version is very weak:
    • The blows delivered to the security guard by Sarah with the wooden broom handle were reduced from four to one; the subsequent blows and shots of his bloodied face were removed.
    • The beating of Silberman with a nightstick was reduced so that only the impact to his arm remained; the impact to the back of his legs was removed.
    The initial VHS video versions (the 1992 theatrical cut and the 1997 'T-1000 edition') were cut by a further 18 seconds to reduce the following scenes:
    • The biker being thrown onto the stove. In the uncut version, this happens in two shots. In the cut version, the start of each shot was shortened.
    • The biker being stabbed in the shoulder. The shot of him lying on the table was shortened at the start to remove the impact (this is very subtle and difficult to notice).
    • Sarah picking the lock on her door. The shot was shortened at the start to remove the insertion of the paperclips; what remained showed her wiggling the already-inserted paperclips in the lock.
    • Lewis being stabbed in the face by the T-1000. The close-up showing him juddering in pain was shortened at the start, with the rest being slowed down to cover the missing footage (before this compromise, the BBFC initially requested that an alternate take be used, which didn't exist).
    • The guard at the hospital gate being shot in the legs by the T-101 was reduced so that he's only shot once, instead of twice as per the uncut version. Both gunshots are contained in a single camera shot, which was shortened at the start in the cut version.
    • During the rescue of Sarah, the warden having his face slammed against the wall by the T-101 was removed. The close-up showing him traveling towards and slamming into the wall was shortened at the end to remove the impact.
    • The sight of the policeman having his face slammed into a concrete pillar by the T-101 was removed.
    The kneecapping of the S.W.A.T. team by the T-101 was reduced from seven shots to four, with the second, fourth and sixth impacts being removed.

AFTER the T1000 re-forms from being shot to pieces while frozen by the liquid nitrogen, does the things feet and hands absorb/imitate the floor and things it touches?
    Is it that it's a hot place? It's damaged? What?

The T1000 is made of a AI poly-mar explained at the film start, it finds itself if in a million bits

cheers

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. What i dont get is why he shot the T1000 after ot froze. You finally stopped it lemme shoot it one more time. As far as the CGI. Your answer might be in the movie the abyss.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I think we're done here.
    Have a nice day, you completely legitimate character.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wow Sorry about whatever Happen to your Thread @CheebaWeeba SMH. I Hope Somebody can Answer your Question tho because Iono it my Self but it is Interesting.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Idk what happened here but The terminator films are lit :weed::weed:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I’m with Brews.

I guess we showed up late to the party brother.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Looks that way bro smh my guess would be insults/name calling :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. So much anger floating around these days. :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. He will be back.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. My 2 cents is the T1000 was able to reform due to cohesion of the tiny liquid metal particles being close enough to absorb.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I mean, that wasn't really the question, but what you're saying makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I am super baked and tired haha.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I appreciate the effort, Sir.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I dont think the T1000 can be damaged due to its design of being polymorphic, which couple with a high speed neural net processor allows its to sense impact and change state. As far as all the pieces collecting into a pool i assume because of its design of "liquid metal" its merely billions of microscopic nano bots that are networked to each other hence they can work in unison to control the physical arrangement of a t1000 in whatever shape it determines to take. Fucking novel when your bsked.

• Winner Winner x 1

16. The reason this ending wasn't included in Terminator 2 ? They wanted to make sequels.
    80s- can't wait to see the future
    90s- can't wait to see the future
    2020- damn. Wish I could go back too the 80s

17. I actually liked this ending to be honest with you - have only seen it this time around with like I gues the fullest edition of the film. It's a good ending, a decent close to the story...and we'd have been spared one comparative disappointment after another since, had they went with it.
    I don't think many people have actually seen this one yet.

• Agree Agree x 1