Teresa Heinz Kerry

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WaterLillyFairy, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just some information I found on Kerry\'s wife.. thought some of you might be interested in reading it. Take it for whatever...

\"Teresa Heinz Kerry has financed the secretive Tides Foundation to the tune of more than $4 million over the years. The Tides Foundation, a \"charity” established in 1976 by antiwar leftist activist Drummond Pike, distributes millions of dollars in grants every year to political organizations advocating far-Left causes. The Tides Foundation and its closely allied Tides Center, which was spun off from the Foundation in 1996 but run by Drummond Pike, distributed nearly $66 million in grants in 2002 alone. In all, Tides has distributed more than $300 million for the Left. These funds went to rabid antiwar demonstrators, anti-trade demonstrators, domestic Islamist organizations, pro-terrorists legal groups, environmentalists, abortion partisans, extremist homosexual activists and open borders advocates.\"
    Quote Via Front page Magazine. The full link is as follows.
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12187
    Now My personal thoughts...
    Well... What can I say, really... Pro-Terrorist legal groups? Anti Trade
    demonstrators? All the others are not a big deal to me, but both of those seem to undermind our safety and finacial security. So we want a man in office as president who\'s wife helps pay for terrorist to kill our families? Sounds like a GREAT idea to me!
    Also from the same source:

\"The Legal Matrix

The Tides Foundation has funded a number of the pillars of the radical legal establishment. Chief among these is the National Lawyers Guild, which began as a Commnist front organization and is proud of its lineage. At its recent convention last October, the concluding speaker was Lynne Stewart, an indicted terrorist NLG lawyer arrested for helping her client – convicted 1993 World Trade Center bombing mastermind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman – communicate with his terrorist cells in Egypt. In her speech, Stewart said she and her NLG comrades were carrying on a proud tradition of their forebears, past and present:

And modern heroes, dare I mention? Ho and Mao and Lenin, Fidel and Nelson Mandela and John Brown, Che Guevara who reminds us, \"At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love.” Our quests like theirs are to shake the very foundations of the continents.

More recently, the NLG has endorsed the March 20 call to End Colonial Occupation from Iraq to Palestine & Everywhere” organized by International ANSWER, and has posted a petition for \"Post-Conviction Relief” for convicted cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Tides\" Peace Strategies Fund has funneled money to the Center for Constitutional Rights. The CCR was stablished by Sixties radical William Kunstler, defender of the Chicago 8, and Arthur Kinoy. The two also had plans to establish a new Communist Party. Executive Director Ron Daniels has been honored by the Communist Party USA for his work. Daniels also has a long and cordial relationship with racist, anti-Semitic \"poet laureate” Amiri Baraka. Since 9/11, CCR has channeled its efforts into fighting every effective Homeland Security measure. They have opposed increasing the government\"s ability to wiretap Islamists suspected of plotting terrorism and moaned the sequestering of terrorist detainees at Guantanamo Bay was an unexcusable form of \"racial profiling.” CCR President Michael Ratner has portrayed American soldiers as the offenders, guilty of 9/11 by their Middle East policy and guilty of keeping Islamist killers \"shackled, hooded and sedated during the 25 hour flight from Afghanistan.” CCR has also defended Lynne Stewart\"s \"innocence” in aiding Sheikh Rahman\"s Islamic Jihad.

Tides also funds the Alliance for Justice, a group dedicated to stopping Bush judicial appointees (a cause John Kerry can agree wholeheartedly endorse). Other Tides grants have gone to the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights and the Asian Law Caucus. \"

And could she also be hypocritical?
    http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040725_1423.html
    \"BOSTON July 25, 2004 - Teresa Heinz Kerry urged her home-state delegates to the Democratic National Convention to restore a more civil tone to American politics, then minutes later told a newspaperman to \"shove it.\"

\"We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics,\" the wife of Sen. John Kerry told her fellow Pennsylvanians on Sunday night at a Massachusetts Statehouse reception.

Click to learn more...

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editorial page editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, questioned her on what she meant by the term \"un-American,\" according to a tape of the encounter recorded by Pittsburgh television station WTAE.

Heinz Kerry said, \"I didn\'t say that\" several times to McNickle. She then turned to confer with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and others. When she faced McNickle again a short time later, he continued to question her, and she replied, \"You said something I didn\'t say. Now shove it.\"
    Hummm...
    Anyways... i Hope someone, somewhere, gets some enjoyment out of this.

2. The Tides foundation has also pumped a small fortune into ant gun activism and causes....

3. Enough,l,ve had enough...:smoking:

Keep it nice guys.

p.s. l,am getting a big headache reading all this stuff:D

4. So...Mrs Kerry\'s got some flaws, too. Whoo, surprise. I bet if you dug hard enough, you\'ll find some shit on every person in the world.

I know from yer previous posts that you do support Bush. Now I\'m not gonna argue for or against Bush or Kerry (most of you know my position). But I\'d like to point out one thing that bugs me BIG TIME about american (and more and more european) election campains. They\'re no longer about what the candidate stands for. They become more and more focused on showing the world how bad the other guy is. That\'s below the belt and not productive. It\'s destruction already in the campains. The focus always on negativity. Bad

5. ^^^^^^^im with you on that 100%

6. so am I skinner, that is exactly what I was thinking well reading this... o btw, all of this has been proven to pretty much bs, i think i even got the link proving that somewhere on the city

And about the focusing on the bad, I can\'t believe its gotten so bad that we don\'t even sling mud at just the candidates, now it is their spouses too

7. And that\'s why she isn\'t running for president.

And I have trouble listening to any kind of propagandha. Especially if it\'s Republican (read:bullshit) propagandha.

8. Well if you\'re unable to hear both sides of the story, Leary I Love, then I guess you\'re the one missing out.
    Also, I find it funny that it\'s ok to bash bush, and talk negativly about him, but any type of negative comments aimed towards Kerry and it\'s all Mud slinging...

And yes, cow, it was, but I wasn\'t the one who brought this back up, in fact I thought it had died, but that\'s how it goes on the boards, some one goes digging and finds an old topic and posts on it, bringing it to the top of the list... I only posted this because I was tired of seeing a bunch of Bush bashing, which I haven\'t seen any \"I hate mud slinging\" on those topics.. but I guess it just slipped your mind right? That\'s cool, whatever... I know there are *some* people on these boards who can\'t stand the idea that what they think isn\'t favored by all. I have also noticed that there are alot of lambs on these boards. This group is filled with a bunch of kids.. 18years old, slightly under, slightly over.. just look at one of the \"how old are you\" posts.
    Anyway, I\'m not going to waste my time or effort to go any further into this. This whole thread should have died out; I already made my post on the new found information regarding this post, and I dont need to repeat myself. If you dont want to take the time to do the searching on the information that\'s fine, but dont try to hold it against me either.

9. I posted this in another thread you started about Heinz Kerry but I don\'t recall getting a response. Snopes is a site dedicated to debunking urban legends and rumors and has quite a bit of material debunking myths about politicians both liberal and conservative. They\'re one of the most nonbiased, trustworthy groups I\'ve ever come across.

I\'d like to see what you have to say about that WLF

10. In the original post I do believe I had a response, but I don\"t want to look for it, I\"m tired, and just want to go to bed. I will that I posted this based on information that I was given, to see what people would say. There was a lot of people talking shit about Bush, and I wanted to see what those same people would say when they found out their patron saint wasn\'t all that squeaky clean. That led me to posting something without fully investigating it, and that was my bad. The reasons behind posting it are still the same today as they were then. It makes me sad that so many people have so many negative things to say about Bush, and yet NONE of them can tell me a SINGLE positive thing about Kerry. As I see it right now, until someone steps up and says \"This is why you should vote for Kerry\" I\'m not going to. Of course I\'m probably not going to vote for Bush either, for my own reasons. But the fact still remains; no one has given a shred of reasoning on why I should vote for Kerry. Until that happens, there\'s nothing that can be said about either of them that will make me respect or even \"listen\" to the poster. Sure I may read it, but it doesn\'t mean anything. Just like the original post here doesn\'t mean anything... The fact that there are some people in this board who refuse to hear bothsides of the story, wether they agree with them or not really breaks my heart. But what can I do? Nothing, I\'m not going to lose any sleep over it. I\'m not the one who\'s missing out in life, and *possibly* being misled. I\'m at least willing to hear that I may be wrong... as long as your points are valid.. anyone else here willing to? Some how I doubt there will be many who are.

(Edited for spelling errors)

11. ............hhhhmm ..you should vote for kerry because he was in vietnam?..hahahaha...I\'m wondering what he had to do to get ..how many swift boat vetrans to turn on him..keep in mind...these are veterans..the army teaches unity, comradery. These guys have not been discredited...the only thing kerry has done is blame it on bush...which seems kind of odd

12. All that stuff about Kerry\'s wife contributing to leftist causes and Kerry reporting American atrocities in Vietnam are the only good things about Kerry I can see.

I really think Kerry is blowing it. Those of us on the left see the choice before us as Bush or Bush Lite.

The reason I\'m going to vote for Kerry is maybe he\'ll stop the current administration\'s big plan for American global domination through military force. Maybe.

13. Well...my sweet fairy. First...your post is linked to the presidential election and will be discussed at least as long as the campaigns go on. And it\'s only 3 months old, so you\'ll have to expect discussions.

Second...I agree with you. On one thing. There seems to be a common understanding that mud slinging at Bush is ok, but at Kerry inn\'t. That\'s clearly wrong. If you (and I don\'t mean you, fairy. I mean EVERYONE) read my post, it\'s against ALL mud slinging. I don\'t like that. A candidate\'s election should be based on his/her views and not on how much shit he/she can dig up on the other candidate. And discussions about candidates should be based on their views, too. And none of the family members should be draged into these discussions

14. Just to set the record straight... I hate the both of them. I\'m just voting for a dem to sway the people away from conservatism. I don\'t really pay attention to the mudslinging, and I listen to Limbaugh and Hannity on the radio. I am getting a healthy dose of each side, and I am formulating my opinion on the beliefs that consentual crimes should not be punishable, among a few others.

15. I don\'t care for the mud slinging on either side..

As with the past, I know I\'m not the person I was last year So i know these two aren\'t the same as they were back in the 60\'s-70\'s...

Any person that will adress the issues at hand instead of draging the oposing side down the drain would have more of my attention...

One other thing...

We know what Bush will do.. I don\'t agree with what I see and have seen..

Kerry may prove to be as bad or worse, but I haven\'t seen any proof of that yet..

We only have two candidates that can win in this election.. I can\'t vote for Bush with what he has done.

16. I thought i remebered you saying on a thread that this was the sole reason you weren\'t voting for kerry, infact, i\'m almost postivie i remeber seeing that. So that means you didn\'t post this in a effort to show how nobody slings mud at kerry (which is b/s, there might not be as much of it, but it still happens) also, if I had known there was another thread you posted about this (why didn\'t you just put that info in here) then maybe I wouldn\'t have said that.
    I don\'t know why you assume all these lambs are here. I mean of course there is going to be a large percentage of ppl that just believe what they see, your going to get that anytime you take a giant mix of people and through them in a group. I would say this fourm actually has some of the most intellegint policital arguments (not just stupid mud slingling *all* that time) that I\'ve seen around the interenet.

Also, I did do some searching around the net about this, that is why I posted, so I don\'t know why you\'re assuming I don\'t take the time to research and that I llove slinging mud at bush, cause I doubt you\'ll find facts that support either.

I don\'t know if you were directing that whole paragraph at me soley, but it sounded like it

17. Not every comment is directed at you...This is one of them. Perhaps I should have clarified. I was making an observation about this group. Yes, you will get lambs anywhere you gather a bunch of people together. But I\'m not talking about other groups. Now obviously if I\'m speaking of mud slinging posts, I\'m not talking about legitimate, intelligent posts... those are two different things. As for not wanting to find that post, it was 3 something in the morning, I had just gotten off work after spending 8 1/2 hours on my feet with no break to sit down, and I was tired and just jumped on here to see what everyone was up to.
    I only Posted it because of my prior statements... (I\'ll repeat: because everyone[I use the term loosly] on the board wanted to talk trash about Bush, and I wanted to show that Kerry wasn\'t the saint that some tried to paint him as.) Now to say that my understanding, as misguided as it may have been, didn\'t have an impact on my decision to vote for or against him wouldn\'t make much sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.