Tent size - your opinions please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Russk, Oct 6, 2012.

1. I have spent most of the day today trying to decide which size of a tent I should buy.
    I am looking at Secret Jardin Dark Room Pro DR150 II Grow Tent packadge but cannot decide if I should go with 5x5 or 10x10.

The size of the area where the tent is going to be is a non-issue. It is the whole 25x20 room that is totally empty.
    But since this is my 1st time not sure if I need to start small.
    BTW, those 2 sizes are the only ones available packadges that are on greners website.

What do you guys think. Your opinion please. Start small or go with big one... (money is a non issue either)

Thank you guys

2. 10x10, there is no such thing as too many sq ft.

3. I agree go big ir youll regret it lol

4. I'd envy you if you had that. I can't wait until I can afford a large grow tent. Be sure to get big fans!

5. Will money not be a problem later too? Start smaller IMO then since the room is big enough, once you get it all down use the smaller tent for a veg tent and you'll have a pretty epic perpetual grow.

6. Why would anyone opt for a quarter the size tent if they didn't need to. Give yourself space to work.

7. [quote name='"Russk"']I have spent most of the day today trying to decide which size of a tent I should buy.
    I am looking at Secret Jardin Dark Room Pro DR150 II Grow Tent packadge but cannot decide if I should go with 5x5 or 10x10.

The size of the area where the tent is going to be is a non-issue. It is the whole 25x20 room that is totally empty.
    But since this is my 1st time not sure if I need to start small.
    BTW, those 2 sizes are the only ones available packadges that are on greners website.

What do you guys think. Your opinion please. Start small or go with big one... (money is a non issue either)

Thank you guys[/quote]
    OP I have that same tent plenty of room go big or go home

8. The 10x10 with four 1000w vertical Metal Halides, nine 600w horizontal High Pressure Sodiums. CO2 enrichment at 1200-1450ppm, temperature and relative humidity maintained at 84 degrees and 65%. Growing 9 plants in a modified undercurrent system. Boom. Square meter Monsters. Yanking down 2lbs each, more or less. Don't forget the independent ventilation circuit for the AC hoods, the 240v 40amp control box, the 28,000btu AC mini split, the fat deheuy, and a quality 1/4hp chiller.

I can spend 10k like its no problem at all. But the return on the investment is always worth it. Especially when you make your investment back in the first 6 months. Then it can be a cash cow.