Tent set up help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Gpickle, Oct 24, 2016.

1. So I'm putting together 10x5x7 tent. Which will be 350cu ft. I will be using 2x1000w led. I have an 8" fan 3spd max being 810CFM which will be more then enough for exhausting hot air. It will have carbon filter on intake side in tent. Should I have for intake fan for fresh air? As I would think exhausting hot shitty air tent will need fresh air?

2. Carbon filter on intake?

• Like Like x 1
  3. thats why you open the tent flaps at the bottom of the tent for fresh air doh
    carbon filter of the intake ? no good

4. Ok didn't know if that would be enough, hence why I asked. I was told to mount filter on intake side then exhaust it. No good why

5. Because the exhaust air is the air that would have an odor,not the fresh air going in.
    Think man.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OMG ... You pull the dirty air thru your filter and it gets exhausted. Thus the reason for a prefilter, not on the exhaust side of fan. Thus pushing the air thru your filter. If your pushing it thru no need for a prefilter on your can.
    Think man

7. The filter should be mounted on the intake side of the fan to remove contaminants before they reach the fan housing. Can-Lite filters come with pre-filters to keep dust, mold, and other particles from clogging the activated charcoal in the filter itself, so you should be pulling air through the filter rather than pushing air into it

8. the only reason you use a carbon filter is to remove odor.
    Here you go smart ass.
    One more thing,I have my intake hooked up to an a/c vent ducted to my intake fan to cool my tent then extract it out through the carbon filter ducted to my outtake fan,DUH.

9. Wow now I'm a smart ass for saying exactly what your video showed. The filter on the intake side of the exhaust fan. DUH

10. That's not what you said to begin with.
    You said you had your filter on the intake side of the air coming in,not the exhaust side.
    You don't even know what you said in the beginning when you said you have the filter on the fresh air intake side

11. No I did say intake side of exhaust fan right from the start. But sorry for the confusion

12. My original thread was about that and asking about running an intake fan also, making it an active system vs a passive

13. You shouldn't need an intake fan, I'm in an 8x8x8 with similar gear and I don't use one. I'm also in a low humidity climate

14. Thank you ... I know it's probably not needed, passive would be fine. Just read elsewhere that an active system will have even better results. But I guess it was a complicated question as I take it some don't get what I was asking about a passive system vs an active system. Start passive, I can always add the other fan later to make it an active system and see the difference

• Like Like x 1
  15. One additional note about intake ports - you will see much better results from your exhaust system if you install a second fan to create an active (as opposed to passive) intake system. Normally, when your exhaust fan sucks air out of your room, air is passively going to get sucked back into the room. By installing a second fan on the intake side, you will reduce the amount of negative pressure created in the indoor garden, thereby cutting down greatly on the amount of work the exhaust fan has to do and allowing much more air to pass through. If you're not sure or you don't want to spend the money, start out with just an exhaust fan. If it's not performing as well as you thought it would, try adding an intake fan - you'll smile when you see the difference!

16. If you are thinking about adding CO2 to your tent, having a passive intake system will allow for your tent to have a steady negative pressure, creating a great environment.

I'm sure it could be done with an actual fan for the intake, but that's just extra power/heat you don't need.

17. Thank you save the money for extra fan use it for CO2

• Like Like x 1