Tent lighting and heat: advise, tips and hints much appreciated

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jcm420, Feb 15, 2014.

1. My question is, basically if I run 1000 Watt hps in a 4x4x6.5 grow is it possible to keep the heat at an acceptable level? Plan is sog with as many nl x bb that will fit.
    Can I keep it Cool with the right ventilation system? I see several people running 2 600's.
    Please let me know what you think or experiences You've had. Be easy on me. I'm a newbie here but not to farming.
    Thanks for your time!
    Big John

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. depends on your ambient temps, no matter how much ventilation you have, you won't be able to keep your plants alive in 110f ambient (well over 125f in tent).

So if you live in a cool climate should be fine, if not, you will need an a/c unit.

3. Ambient stays about 70 degrees. If i have to,I can run intake air from outside where temps run anywhere from 0-38 but should I pull that air through the light or a separate intake to the room. I just want to set it up right the first time and not have too many surprises . Thanks for the reply!

4. Well I guess I'm going to go for it. I found a tent system on eBay with a 1000 Watt hps and it didn't even have an aircooled Hood! I would have to think that'd not work really well. I'm just going to run a nice 6" fan to the to Hood getting intake and exhaust from outside and a 8" exhaust with a scrubber and see what happens.
    Wish me luck. I'm starting collecting and ordering EVERYTHING Wednesday. If anybody has in input please put it out there!
    Thanks again
    Big John