Tent grow please help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by chemeke1130, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Okay so I honestly have no idea about these tents. Luckily I know my pals at grass city do! So here is the run down I want to grow maybe 2-4 plants. I want to have a hydro set up and of course I have a budget. My budget would be around 500.00 usd for everything maybe a little more if need be. I can see some sites that do entire kits, one click and I have an entire grow tent. The thing is I know how these bundle packs usually work and I know I could do it for cheaper if I just bought everything individually plus idk the quality of them. Would an experienced individual give me a break down of what items I should get, dummy style and perhaps where I could get them all. If its a little over 500 its okay but I only want to do 4 plants max.

Please help me with lighting as well strenth and light type.
    Odor reducer (can't have any smell)
    Hydro set ups I'm capable of building my own if that's what you suggest.
    Tent size/type.
    Humidity/thermostat. If needed.

Once again I'm truly clueless and the first step in growing is having the right equipment and set up. I suffer from ptsd from combat related incidents and use to help control anxiety and sleep issues. I don't want to buy something I could just grow myself. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks again!

“You just can't live in that negative way, make way for the positive day.”- Bob Marley

2. It's a good idea to do a little research (start with the stickies in this section of the forum) before buying something that you're not sure how to use.

3. Well I've been reading for well over a month I've also grown in a homemade hydroponic tub. But was in a closet and didn't yield very much at all. I want to advance with the tent and better lighting. Thats why I'm asking for someone's advice that uses a tent. Recommendations on products is what I'm really looking for.

“You just can't live in that negative way, make way for the positive day.”- Bob Marley

4. http://growershouse.com/quantum-600w-4-x-4-air-cooled-tent-package

I've used these guys and recommended them to a few people.

5. I have that exact grow tent..secret jardin dr120..its really big and nice. Looks like that kit comes with everything you need except the hydro gear..could possibly add an extra 240cfm fan for air intake as well.

That's a good deal too if shipping doesn't cost alot

6. ==================================================================
    Ordered: 1    400WLED4X4PKG   400w Solar Storm LED Grow Room Package - 4 x 4   $1,085.23   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    701003   Phresh Filter 4 x 12  200 CFM   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    734100   Titan Controls Apollo 8  -- 24 Hour Dual Timer   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    ACDF4   Active Air 4 inch In-Line Fan 165 CFM   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    CLWSTORM400   California Light Works - Solar Storm 400W LED   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    DR248   Secret Jardin Dark Room II DR120, 48 x 48 x 80   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    DUC-49   4 x 25'  Black Lightproof Ducting w/Clamps   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    GHHANGER   Grow Crew 1/8 Ratchet Light Hanger (Pair)   $0.00   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    FLCO200D   System Comp Fluorescent 200W Day   $104.96   Ship Date:

Ordered: 6    724888   EZ Roots Aeration Frames -- Gallon   $1.29   Ship Date:

Ordered: 6    724890   EZ Roots Aeration Frames -- 3 Gallon   $3.22   Ship Date:

Ordered: 6    724883   EZ Roots Liner -- Gallon   $1.59   Ship Date:

Ordered: 6    724885   EZ Roots Liners -- 3 Gallon   $2.33   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    706121   Fast Fit Tray Stand 3' x 3'   $152.21   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    AH91066   Econo Tray, 3' x 3' - White   $75.53   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    726846   GO Box by General Organics   $33.33   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    732280   Botanicare Liquid Karma 0.1-0.1-0.5 -- Gallon   $48.13   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    5050-14   Advanced Nutrients - Big Bud Liquid - 1 L   $32.85   Ship Date:

Ordered: 1    719944   Snow Storm Ultra 0 - 0 - 3 -- Quart   $25.97   Ship Date:

==================================================================

Product Total: $1,608.79
    Sales Tax: $0.00
    Shipping: $141.88
    Discount: $0.00
    Surcharge: $0.00
    Grand Total: $1,750.64

7. I also seen this site a smaller tent and light set up but looks like everything you would need.

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-400w-2x4-Bubble-Boy-Grow-Tent-Kit

Does it look decent or no? The growershouse still has my attention a little more I could always buy the hydroponic set up for like an extra 100 bucks if I go with them.

8. #9 chemeke1130, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Did you get that from the website you recommend to me? Is their shipping reasonable? Btw that order is a little over my budget haha ;)

Edit: I quoted my shipping was a little under 50 bucks not bad at all.

9. That was my order from last year.  I figured you'd get an idea from that.  Good idea to get a total from the cart though.