Tent advice needed. One or two and size and lights

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Stick_Figure_420, Aug 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi all,

Need some advice about tent sizes. debating getting either one big tent with a 600 watt light or two smaller tents with weaker lights. Working with nine plants about one month old. Mostly indica and hybrid strains. Macguyvered a little setup with aluminium foil and lights but looking to get a proper setup going. Because this is not cutting it and when they (hopefully) get bigger it will definitely not cut it. Thanks for reading and appreciate any advice.

2. Do you plan on growing photos or autos?

3. That is a great question. i have no idea what these are. Can you tell from looking at them? All i know is that i got these seeds out of some oz. That i bought from a dispensary. And they were very few and far between. The dispensary did organic grows using sunlight, if that helps any.

4. They didnt tell u if it was a photo period or auto strain? What was the name of the strain?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

5. never had any conversation about photo periods or auto strains when buying oz. At a dispensary. The conversation was more about thc percentage and the type of strains. Usually went for indica or indica dominant hybrids. Had these seeds for over two years and the dispensary does not sell the same strains anymore.

6. chances are the seeds were photos. That means you need to control the lighting to keep the plant in veg or to flower. With Auto seeds the plant switches into flowering on it's own when it's ready regardless of the lighting routine.
    With auto's it's easy with only one tent. can easily run your lighting there same from seed to harvest, usually at 20/4 or 24/0 schedule.
    With Photo's you need to switch the lighting to flip too flowering and if you want to run a staggered grow you will need two tents - one for veg growth, than move it into the 2nd tent for flowering, while still allowing more plants to stay in the veg tent to veg longer or to start new plant(s) to start vegging while the other plant(s) are flowering in the second tent.

Basically it comes down to how you want to grow. If you just want to plant a seed(s), grow it, harvest it, than start again, you only need one tent. If you want to start a perpetual grow which involves also having a plant in flowering and it's replacement already going in veg, than you need two tents - if going photos.

keep in mind, two tents is more productive, but also more expensive, with double the lighting, exhaust/fans, and other equipment and increased electric usage/cost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the tip Smokey! i was surprised to even find any seeds. Most of the buds i got from dispensaries never had any seeds. Two tents makes more sense then. That way i can keep vegging half of these and start flowering some of the bigger ones. Some of them i am sure will be male plants. But i need more seeds so i am ok with that. Just have to figure out how to keep them separated and how big of the tents to go for. Was thinking two 3x3 or two 4x4. Can those fit four or five hopefully indica plants each? Or one huge tent with separate compartments but i am thinking two smaller ones would be better in case there is some light leakage. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1