Tennis Anyone?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Fato, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hey someone play or watch any tennis ?
    I've been watching the US open with the surprise win of Del Potro!
    So what are your favoroute players or got anything else to say about this sport?

2. Yeah amazing match to watch! I use to not think much of Del Potro at first, but then he is now one of my favorites after seeing him in the US Open. My favorite player has to be Marat Safin. He is too inconsistent to be any good anymore and he just retired which sucks, but he is fun to watch. Andy Murray and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga are also my favorites.

3. i got 2nd place in a tennis competition when i was a lil kid haha got a trophie i rule
    jk i was like 5 yrs old its not like i like tennis now my grandparents just made me go out for it in scoo lmao...

4. atp tennis is sick, America finally has some hope in Andy Roddick, Sam Querrey and John Isner. My favorite players are the young guns, DelPo, Marin Cilic, and Gael Monfils.

5. yeah I'll be playing varsity 2nd singles this year as a senior
    never REALLY got into watching tennis but it's pretty chill

6. I liked watching tennis at sampras , ivanisevic , henman times...
    The tennis of these days is higher standard but federer is winning almost everything but in future Delpotro , Nadal , Cillic and Murray will be under the top 5 if u ask me :p

7. I didn't watch tennis before Federer was popular, but I didn't watch it because of Federer. Just seeing Grand Slam after Grand Slam title made it really boring to watch him win every match in straight sets. I watch tennis to see guys like Del Potro beat Federer. A young gun beating the best ever.

8. #8 Vicious, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
    I adore tennis, I'm just learning now though, I can keep a decent rally going, but need to work on my serve. I'm not good, but it's one of the few sports I have a passion for.

I'm a federer and nadal fan though. It was a shame to see him loose, but I feel good for the winner, taking out one of the best tennis players of all time. I don't care who wins as long as I see a good match. Cept Nadal, I hate seeing him loose, such an awesome guy.

9. Yeah my serve isn't very good either : / But I'm not on a very high level of tennis but my strategy in a game is just to return any ball and never try to play a hard, risky shot, only when there is a good oppurtinity I may move up to the net! If you ask me this way of playing gives the most fun and wins if uve only been playing since a year or less! A lot of beginners do the error of trying to do winning points all the time which doensn't work though!

10. I love to play tennis and watch it. I use to be a lot better when I was younger but that was then and this is now.

11. I love watching and playing tennis, as you c an see of my avatar. I wish it was more popular here in the US. Coverage is horrible on espn. And if you want the tennis channel you have to pay a huge premium.

Fedexpress, Tsonga, Gasquet and Almagro are my favorite to watch.

If anyone wants hit some balls and lives in Minneapolis, give me a shout.

12. hi, wuld like to hear your opinions/recmendations for a Racket: would be for a Junior around u14 improvig in play wuld say intermediate , plays more on th offensive than defensive Side, is recovering form Wrist problems, would like a more wrist frendly racket/string setup, plays with a head prototype racket fram with probably synthetik string ( fresh strung but do note know the rcket model as the frame cam from a test model) would be to prevent future problems , saw that a wilson clash 100 would be good, read that natural gut is good/ possible in a hybrid combination your opinions recomendations thanks sorry for the english

13. I don’t think you’ll get a response from him after 14 years

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Its my favorite sport game.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big congrats to Coco Gauff.

Still waiting on my dream match, Iga and Layla.

[​IMG]

16. Gotta Be Really Athletic To Play With All That Runnin So I Respect Tennis Players Alot.

~Toni~

17. I used to play tennis, but at the amateur level, but after a knee injury I switched to the category of spectator, but sometimes I just want to play again ((

18. #18 Odessa64, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    I do it kinda from time to time. Like 3 times in a moth. Now I am more fan of cardion. Read here that it can change your body condition if to do it 30 minutes a day. So 3 times a week tennis and 30 mins a day tennis just make my body amazing.