Tenacious D

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by psychoperson25, Feb 25, 2009.

1. #1 psychoperson25, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    Yeah I know there is one other thread...but I didn't think it was worth bringing back it had two posts and the first one didn't do it justice.

Who loves listening to Tenacious D, they are just awesome. They have a great movie and some great music, as well as an under appreciated TV Show.

And when you are high...or at least when I am these two songs are so epic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTYp1tvd3Q&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Tenacious D - Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)[/ame]

This version in particular is good

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYSdnDb3HaI"]YouTube - Tenacious D - Tribute (Live)[/ame]

2. I love both Tenacious D albums and of course the movie. We are the D, we are the D, we are the D, we are the D! :smoking:

3. I dig it.

This is a song for the ladies... But fellas listen closely

4. I used to listen to their first cd all the time ,but havent heard the newer one or seen the movie.

5. The movie is well worth a watch or two if you are a Tenacious D fan. And especially if that second watch is while stoned.

I want to buy the DVD but don't see it anywhere.

6. i was pretty into tenacious d until their movie came out.

i mean it was funny and all but it just wasn't the original tenacious d.

i have a dvd of one of the seasons and THAT is the real funny side of them.

but when they made their movie it seemed like they were trying a little too hard to impress everyone since it was such a major movie and it was all over mtv and shit.

7. I would say if they were trying to do that it was a massive failure.

I remember saying I want to see that and never did, when I finally checked up on how the movie did in theatres they were way below the amount of money needed to make money.

It wasn't the same as the TV show sure which went the way of the movie, just kind of dying off. But both were really funny.

I kind of hope they make another CD like the first one though.

8. yeah i'm pretty sure they were just pressured into trying to make it so funny since it was being shown all over the world.

still they could've done a better job. their show was fucking hilarious, the movie wasn't really much like the show.

i mean it was in all the obvious ways but.. it just didn't cut it for me.

9. I just wonder if Jack Black wrote for it...and on another note, you never see much of Kyle Gass...wonder what he does asides from Tenacious D related things or stand in Jack Blacks shadow...

10. yeah it seems a lot like their episodes were more written by them than anyone else.

and the movie was just written by them but also a lot of dumb fucks who want their movie to fit the industry.

their episodes just seemed to have a lot more profanity and humor, and they were so profane that it wasn't even noticeable, just seemed like fuck and shit were a part of their english vocabulary.

11. Thats why I love cable and satellite, not watered down like public access.

12. HAHA YES I haven't heard that song in forever and I just downloaded it, thanks for that.
    +rep

13. "Gah shut up! It is nonstop! And the other thing is, when I'm fucking singing singing in, it sounds even better then when I'm singing in out! Shut up! Fuck you! You fucking dick! Always nay saying, everything I create! You piece of shit! You create something like inward singing! You fucking shit! You're fucking sitting in your tower! And fucking nap... Whats funny? You fucking bitch! Fucking, fuck you! Fucking, cockass!"