temps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wesside, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ok now i know ideal temps are around 75f but what issues will i have if my grow room is like 90 or 95max. i have a 400w mh/hps, but it gets that hot in there and im worried it will hurt my babies so i have them under 4-40w T8 flouros, but i notice the branches are stretching to like 2 inches between nodes. on the stem the nodes are about an inch long. they are still veggin and im not gonna flower them until i get my room in proper condition to use my hps. what would you do? use the flouros with good temps or use the hid with high temps. any other input is welcome also.

2. use the fluoro's with good temps just hang it like an inch away from the plant when your room is setup better use the hps and flower.

3. why are the options floros with low temps or hid with high temps.you can have hid with low temps if you have a good hood that you can hook up an exhaust fan and put a lense on it.for my veg i use a 400 mh with a hydrofarm radiant hood.in the summer i ll have a lense on it with exhaust fan or i ll hook up a ac unit.either way you cant have temps in the 90's just way to hot.i have my rooms at 80 TOPS.anything above 85 and your plants will have SLOW growth.the perfect temps are in the 70's FACT.

In my vegging in the past ive tried floros and MH and have just had better results with the 400MH.it causes better transpiration and the soil dries out faster so air can get to the roots.floros just dont heat up the soil like the MH which ive found def helps in veg.the only downside like you now know is the heat.but exhaust fans are cheap and causes good air exchange.

4. #4 wesside, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010

the option are flouros with the right temps (75) or hid with high temps. i dont have a fan and hood and exhaust and all the stuff at the moment. i know i need all that stuff for the optimal set up but its not possible at the moment, hence the reason i started this thread.
    i have had other members in the past tell me that the high temps with the hid was better than optimal temps (optimal means where it should be, it doesn't mean low) with the T8's especially if i use CO2. so im just trying to get good feed back, not people questioning me why i dont have this and that. but thank you. as i said all input in welcomed, but that doesn't mean i won't respond.

sorry that come off alittle harsh. i have a problem with being defensive... what i meant to say is i know i need a good hood and a good fan with filter and etc etc etc, but i dont have that at the moment. i will in the future. thank you for your answer. i will most likely continue to veg with my flouros at optimal temp (75) until i can get get ventilation to keep my temps low enough to properly flower.

5. thank you for your response, it was exactly what i was trying to ask.

off on an almost different subject, do you think when i am able to switch to flowering with my hps, it will help fill in the branches between the nodes with bud, or will it still be kind stemmy? i was thinking about just taking some clones and hope to get shorter nodes and then flower.
    here are some pics trying to show internode length. the pots are 10in wide and 2.5 gallon.

Attached Files:

6. The plants may double or even triple in size when you flower so yes, they will fill out a little bit.