Temps too High in Flower, Nothing I can do.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mattylofgren, Jun 27, 2017.

1. I have a closet grow with a 400watt sun system and a fan venting to another room. Despite that and running air conditioning in the house, and only running the lights at night, my temps are still getting up to 88 every night and there isn't much I can do. I'm too afraid to cut into the houses AC system. Running a separate AC would be way too expensive.

Can I just grow in it even though I know the temps are too high? What will my consequences be?

2. I live in Florida and that's the reason I only grow in the winter - start around thanksgiving and end in march - but that one grow supplies me with more than enough weed to last a year. You have two choices - hope that the high temps won't have a bad effect or spend more money on a/c.

3. I also do the same as AC + light costs way too expensive and what i grow in winter usually lasts me through summer

4. Thanks for the reply guys. Disappointing for sure. I'll have to figure out something. I'm wondering if there's a way for me to vent in cold air from a window air conditioning unit I have. It might not look pretty but I think that could be a pretty cost effective option if I could pull it off..

• Like Like x 2
  5. I think if it doesn't get any hotter thank 90 u should be fine but keep an out tho

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Try adjusting lights readjusting fans that help sometime 2

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Its been between 100 and 109 where im at, i exhuast out my window and exhuast from my room into my tent and ive been at a steady 75 running 2 400w mh 24 hours. My house ac is at 75

• Like Like x 1
  8. Why can't you just buy a small portable AC unit for your closet, or sit it out side and hook a small duct to blow into your closet.

You could also buy a more powerful exhuast fan, take it up a couple hundred CFMs. That would drop you a few degrees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah why cant you set up a window ac or a portable ac. A small 5000 btu unit should do the trick. Brand new they got for 120$-150. Used even cheapet

• Like Like x 1
  10. #11 mattylofgren, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Thanks a lot for all the replies! I'm sorry when I posted I was really frustrated. I can spend some more money finding a solution. I'm going to try to vent in some cooler air from a nearby room and see how far that gets me. If that's not enough I'll try a portable AC.

I'm not sure a window AC would work as the grow is in a closet with no windows.

I also have a tent but I'm currently using it for clones. I suppose I would have the option to move the plants into the tent instead and maybe I would have an easier time regulating temps in there.

Edit: I'm actually not currently venting any air into the closet. I didn't think there was an easy way to do this as the only way out into a cold room is through a door. I'm going to try a vent fan designed for a door/wall. So hopefully this change will make a big difference. The adjacent room's temperature is about 68.

Also hopefully it's a relatively short period each night that the temps are getting up to 88 (if that even makes any difference...). When I go to sleep and wake up the temp is about 78 - but just the high/low feature tells me how high it got that night.

11. You could always go the co2 route and thrive in 90 + temps

• Like Like x 1
  12. You can go ahead and finish your plants out, but they will definitely suffer from the high temps. If you can't do anything about bringing the temps down, then get as much good airflow in and around your plants as possible to help disperse the heat....not talking a 6" desk fan here either. You always need good airflow around your plants anyway, but in this case it will move the air around and help them not be damaged as much. If you're going to use that particular space to grow, you've got to come up with a way to control the tips with some ventilation or something. You might look into some strains that are high heat tolerators too....if those exist. Not sure. But high temps are one thing that will put plants down fast. TWW

13. Try useing silica,it help plants in higher temps

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Update: I ended up finding a solution! It's not a pretty solution.. but it's actually working! I cut a hole in the door of the closet and installed a large grate. Then I put a box fan blowing colder air from my bedroom into the closet. It's working! The temps have not gotten above 78 now. I'm already running a window air conditioner in my room because I like it colder. I'm quite pleased. If anyone would like a picture please let me know.

15. Glad you got it sorted. Like Berzerker said, silica helps with heat stress. I use protekt and my plants love it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Literally impossible for your inside temps to be the same as your ambient temps.