Temps in tent too high!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Aug 21, 2017.

1. As cool as 65?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Why would you keep the room 65??? Huh???
    You need to keep the grow chamber or tent 68*F at the lowest with lights off if you're running a 78*F chamber temp when lights are on (as you should be)... When using an Icebox you're NOT exchanging the room and chamber air to cool the tent.

Edit:
    If you add Co2, you don't ever have to exchange the room air and chamber/tent air when using an Icebox

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was referring to the room the tent is in. if I keep temps between 65-70 inside then my grow tent will 72-78 personally...

Now im confused... why wouldnt I want my temps in my home to be 65-70 if that keeps my grow room in check? I find if the temps in the home itself are around 75-80 it gets to hot in my tent..

4. I know.... Because you have to exchange the air between the room and tent for cooling...
    When you use an Icebox, you DO NOT need to exchange the room air and chamber air thus the room air temp does NOT effect the chamber/tent temps at ALL...

Well it does a little but the Icebox can easily handle what heat from the room does seep into the tent/chamber.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #46 generic98547, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Okay? Lol check the date I posted my comment about the 65-70 it was way before the icebox lol idk why the other person quoted part of it I guess to get some more insight on what I meant. I mean of course it varies per person depending on setup and lights... thats just what I personally need to control temps in my tent.

Yall throwing me off lol im not saying your idea is bad or anything dont think that.

• Like Like x 1