Temps in tent too high!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Get a more powerful extraction fan and use the 4" for intake. More powerful fan will help lower temps(ever so slightly) and lower humidity(enough). Get a 6" if you can. Defo take of the speed controller and let the 4" go full power. Has that hood got duct ports like is it air cooled hood? If yes hook it all up to the extractor fan...

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The hood has no duct ports so its pretty difficult to control the heat it gives off.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I myself was thinking i could get awat with the humidity, but the only other thing stopping me is the heat from my lamp. It sends the temp in my tent up quite a bit, but im using trial and error to see whats most effective. The portable cooler i was using yesterday really helped at the cost of increased humidity so im going to play around with my set up some more

4. Use something to cut a hole in the hood. And attach your ducting?

5. Yeah, i dont have access to anything that would be able to cut through my hood so thats totally out of the question

6. I got a cool tube for mine?? That couple with a much more powerful fan dropped mine by a couple C.
    Humidity will be a problem that high in flower I think. Way to risky to attract mild.

7. The rise in humidity is from a portable cooler im using as a temporary way to bring the temps down in my tent til i get an AC, so im not too worried about it in the long run.,cool tube sounds like a good option, gonna look into it more

8. The easiest option for me is run the lights at night when it's a lot cooler so try 18/6 but try run it from 8pm till 12am then on your 12/12 run from 9pm to 9am always works best for me :)

9. Yeah i was thinking of those exact times tbh, i really need to get a timer this friday though. Ive got some CFLS i might try to use to see if it makes a difference in temp. I have 4 60w and 1 100w

10. That will definitely make a difference in temps mate if you use Cfls but from my point of view the harvest is very slim from using cfls from my experience they don't yeild much but you can always switch to how for flower once you've got a timer, or you could even use the cfls for time being until you get your hands on a timer :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah im just going to use the CFL for now and use HPS for flowering i suppose. It sucks cause i thought i could use the HPS all the way, but its proving to be waaaaay too hot

12. Alright buddy atb hope it works out good for you

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks! Im determined to keep growing no matter what my set up throws at me

• Like Like x 2
  14. Update: I finally tested the evaporative cooler with my HPS on and my temp right now in the tent is 81 with about 60% humidity which ive read is an acceptable range. This is during the day, and since i plan on running the lights at night i think we're finally in business!

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Any updates on this? Having a similar issue. Did ac in the room help

16. My plant wasnt able to hang with the heat. My city had an insane heat wave over the last week and outside temps at 105 combined with the temps from my light was no bueno

17. You can put a bucket of ice in front of the fan it will work a little but your humidity may rise 2