Temps in tent too high!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Aug 21, 2017.

1. #1 primatime, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Ive been buying alot of stuff for my tent lately and i want to move my plant in but my temperatures are too high. With the lights on right now its about 88. As you can see in the picture i have my hot hair being vented out from the top by my 4" inline (which is almost on HIGH.) and then the ducting on the bottom is fed to a nearby window for intake, as well as 2 6" clip on fans, the other one is in the bottom right corner. The walls of my tent suck in pretty good so im guessing im getting some good negative pressure but what can i do to lower my temps some more? Would opening the vent flaps do any good? When they are open my tent sucks in significantly less. Forgot to include my light is 150w HPS [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Up the outtake to high and if you are running a passive intake consider adding a ducting booster fan to increase intake to pump more cool air in... also if you don't have the outtake venting out the room the tent is in you aren't helping any. If it is just being vented into the room try venting out a window and see if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Open up all your venting ducts should help even more your tent shouldn't be sucking in on itself like crazy you just need a little neg pressure

4. I have my out take basically aimed out of a window. I cant seem to get my temp under 88. Its driving me crazy, i put so much into it and theres always another roadblock . Sheesh

5. what's ambient temp in room, or outside?

if the tent's vent flaps don't help then maybe have the bottom of the door unzipped enough to wedge a piece of 4" ducting in it.

6. At a time right now with no lights my tent is currently 77 Degrees, which would be cool if my light didnt stack more than 10 degrees onto it. My apartment doesnt have AC so im not sure how i could lower the temps in my place, all i have is a sliding door which i have ducting running out of to bring cool air in when the fan sucks out air out, but to no avail. i cant really afford to spend much more, considering its turning out to be a waste of money thus far.

7. Without a window unit you will without a doubt have problems during the warm months.... if you can't keep it 65-70 In the room itself then you aren't keeping temps down.

Window unit or portable ac would fix that... used window units can be had for 40 bucks..

• Like Like x 1
  8. My apartment doesnt have actual windows only a glass sliding door. I keep it open all the way but its only low 70's early in the morning and is otherwise mid to high 80's. I have an evaporative cooler laying around that i could use in the meantime that may or may not help. However, I have to fill it with water manually every couple of hours but its a fan nonetheless. Thoughts?

9. Evaporative coolers work well at temps below 90d F..You need a window open in the room..I use a larger one (holds about 2 gallons) since even with my central AC, tent in flower is getting above 80F..The cooler brings in down to about 76..BUT at a cost of increased RH..That is ok where I am (Desert In Nevada) since our outdoor RH is like 10% in summers

10. My room temp is about 75-80, 85-90 in tent with lights on. I just really need a quick simple way to bring my temps down without buying more shit

• Like Like x 1
  11. I feel you there..but I have no other thoughts besides changing the "daylight hrs" for the plants when the lights are on to have them on in the nights when the outside temps are cooler.
    Hope you get it before we run into what we did with the initial venting question..LMAO

• Like Like x 2
  12. I have the same problem. Any solutions yet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

13. I could run my lights at nights to take advantage of lower temps, no issue, the biggest problem is the added heat from my light and if i can keep my temps ideal once the lights kick on. I may just buy a portable air conditioner. Itll require me to save some cash but i look at it as helping the plant, but also helping myself stay cool in the hotbox that i call an apartment. Living in the Bay Area you wouldnt think your apartment would be 80+ degrees lmao

• Like Like x 1
  14. Im going to see if the portable cooler does me any good. If not im just going to have to buy portable AC or an intake fan

• Like Like x 2
  15. You werent joking about the increase in RH! Noticeable almost immediately. However its dropped my temp by 4 degrees, but on the downside that is still with lights OFF. I havent ran my lights with the cooler in use yet but i have a feeling ill need to deal with a lil more before i can move my plant in; one of them being the RH

• Like Like x 1
  16. Using the evaporative cooler works to bring my temps down but increases humidity so maybe an AC unit of some kind would be ideal. Its all ive got for now but im already looking for a portable AC online

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. 73 rn no lights 82 humidity. Whats my ideal humidity with lights on? I just turned up my inline and that seems to be bringing both down as it gets cooler in the day

• Like Like x 1
  18. IMO 40-50% Veg
    40% flower
    30% or less late flower..

Messy huh..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jesus christ haha like i said, one roadblock after another! ill sort it out eventually

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. At the very least get humidity down to 60-70%... I'm a firm believer that the plants will be fine unless they are super massive dense nugs... just make sure that you have LOTS of airflow on the plants even under the canopy... you don't want any stagnant air... if you have great airflow you won't have a mold issue imo... it's not at all uncommon to grow throughout in high humidity a quick google search shows that.

Now of course closer to 50% would be ideal... but if you can't get it that low do not sweat it.

I wouldn't worry about the 80% right now in veg if that's all that's stopping you from using the tent... just have plenty of airflow and lower it to the best of your ability when you can.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1