Temps and humidty Problems >.< [URGENT]

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DRAXXX, Jun 27, 2012.

1. #1 DRAXXX, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    Hey Folks, Just got my whole grow package today.
    But, the temps from my 250w sunmaster are way too high, at 100 - 115F.
    How can i lower this temp without moving it further away? I have a large clip on fan running as well.

Also, the humidity for some reason is 20 - 30%. Im using perlite right now, but have a bubble system ready, but feel the seedlings are too small to move them right now. So any advice on boosting the Humidity? Im misting once a day atm...

Regards

2. What wattage where u running before you fired up the 250 watter?..Drop your wattage for now till you dial in your environment i.e exhaust fan and passive intake drawing cooler air in, exhausting hot air out...RH is low b/c your temps are so high..Drop your temp>humidity will rise some..Do you have a humidifier?..Ac?..
    250w alone shouldn't be raising your temps that high..You rocking in a tent, cus you mentioned "clip on fan"..
    How old are the seedlings?..You prob don't need that much light for now..

3. Hmm dont be misting on those seedlings while the light is on.

Other than that cheecha has it all, fix your temps and the rest will be more in-line, you need to create a passive intake and a exhuasted outtake with a fan. post some pics up

4. I had them under an 226 LED Light [Blue and Red] Running at around 26C as it didnt produce any heat.

I can't control the wattage on this, So it is what it is. I have a complete exhaust/filter system, but i havent wired it up yet n all. Doing that tomorrow.

And yes, its a tent grow, 0.6mx0.6mx1.2m, So its very small for one - two plants max.
    Seedlings are about 10 days now, about 1 1/2 inches in height, four leaves.

Will they be alright for another 12 - 14 hours, til i fit the exhaust/filter system?
    Thanks guys

5. What lighting scheduale are you running? Drop to 16/8 untill you fix your temps

Go back to your LED till veg? Easiest way to fix your prob. Leave the LED at like 3inches above canopy

6. 24 Hours atm. Shall go back to the LED Tomorrow then, and hope they last 12 hours in the heat .

7. Why not just swap out to LEDS right now? wont hurt them at all.

8. Air cooled hood homie. my temps dropped from 90's to low 80'snot ideal but helped alot. I like to start seeds an keep seedlings/clones under fluro's

Dutchie

9. Just swapped to LED. Temps are at 82, and Humidity is at 62%. So all good ?
    Regards

10. Grrr, Now temps are 72 solid, and Humidity is 80% . . .What can i do?
    Regards

11. That's some dramatic change from your OP, Draxxx...Describe what you did to make the changes and perhaps we can help you..The devils into details, bro..

12. Nothing, just switched from the 250w Sunmaster to my 225 LED Board.
    Regards

13. Also guys, Need a bit of help on Nutes.

I have floragro, florabloom and flora micro. What ratios should i use and how is it measured [my plants are nearly 2 weeks now]

Cheers

14. Update : Temps are stable at 74.5, and Humidity 60%. Whey.
    Nute info would be great btw.

15. pics of your plants, id say still to early for nutes

16. Attached is GH's nute chart. I suggest you cut the PPMs at least in half of their recommendations and adjust as you watch the plants. At two weeks old tho I suggest you hold off on nutes for a little longer then start real low. I nute burned plants with the same products as yours, using their chart, in the past.
    http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-REC-Charts.pdf

17. I was reading but I'm lost with the OP situation. Is he running a 250w or LED right now ?

OP, since you have a 250w, LED lights, Grow Tent and so. You can take a picture of your set up in order to see it and give you better inputs.

18. 1-2 ml per gal of the nute trio should not hurt the seedlings also be careful not to water too much