Temporary Basic Nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SuicidalSoldier, May 27, 2011.

1. SWISS(Someone Who Isn't SuicidalSoldier) has told me he has 4/5 baby plants that have shared a pot(one intentional for fun, but SWISS' friend planted more seeds in there and BAM:eek:) and until he has his new house sorted with electricity, gets his UFO LED setup, tent, etc.. he is needing to improvise.
    He has humidity(put a plastic pot - with some holes to let oxygen through - over them and sealed it around the bottom, keeping condensation and humidity decent - IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN? PLEASE CORRECT EM IF I'M WRONG!!!) and pH levels are roughly ok...but leaves are o turning yellow. they have no nutrients.
    as they get bigger, the botttom nodes of leaves are turning yellow and...well...dying...

Is there some kind of basic(and CHEAP!!) technique that SWISS could use to keep them going, just for another week or two?
    He says he's been ripping off the yellow leaves at the bottom, and putting them into the soil and/or the water basin that the plant pot sits in(so the plant cant draw water up as it pleases) in the hope that it will conserve nutrients for the higher up nodes.
    Is SWISS making a mistake by doing so?

Is there any kind of household items that could be used as temporary nutrients and general 'good stuff' to help keep them in a decent state, and keep them growing naturally until he (SWISS) gets his shit sorted?

I've been told the following works, but don't want to risk them:

• watering the plants with a mixture of water and tea(no milk or sugar lol);
    • watering the plants with mineral water;
    • watering down urine and using small doses every few days (apparently preferably with mineral water) - but I think that kind of nitrogen is too concentrated? (???);
    • watering plants with tonic water;

Could someone help me out with a kind of home-made N-P-K, or even just something that will hel;p keep them healthy(ish) for a week or two(at most).

Any help is really appreciated.

Peace and Love, all.

-=SuicidalSoldier=-

2. long as you have decent soil, you dont even really need nutes for a good while. also more than one plant to a pot is a no no.

3. #3 SuicidalSoldier, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011

yeah, SWISS knows but circumstances require that it be as discreet as possible for the next week or two.

Just something to give them a little boost..they aren't getting enough light really in SWISS' opinion, and are vegging really slowly...is Miracle-Grow a good suggestion for SWISS?

-=SuicidalSoldier=-

4. miracle grow is a horrible suggestion and if they dont have enough light, get more LIGHT. nutes are not gonna makeup for light that isnt there.

5. SWISS is doing the best that SWISS can in this bad situation, mate. He doesn't wanna plank it somewhere outside cause of pests, and leaving it on a ground-floor windowsill is too dodgy in SWISS' opinion.

This isn't regarding light, that SWISS is dealing with, its how to get some little kind of 'booster' for the babies that he wants.

plain and simple.

It only has to run for a week topps until he gets money to buy good soil and fertilizer and proper supernutes.

-=SuicidalSoldier=-

6. you babies dont need no damn booster, in fact youd probably kill them with whatever your trying to do.

7. #7 SuicidalSoldier, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
    ok so SWISS should just keep em damp, humid, and just hold out until he gets his lamps?

\|/_\|/_\|/

I know I was being a bit of a plank, and was expecting a UTFSE FFS :wave:

Anyway, SWISS tells me he got a 900w something-or-other (he takes dizepam and had a few beers so SWISS was not very coherent) bulb and the metal fitting to hang it in to reflect down the light(what's that bit called again?..*googles*), so his babies- he says- are going to be under that temporarily until he gets his UFO LED set-up all pimped out.

SWISS has said he will let me pos pics of his awesome grow room online for you all ;) :D :wave:

-=Peace and Love=-