Temperature question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trogdor4564, May 23, 2008.

1. I am very anxious to get my grow started with all my new equipment but i have a sorta big problem. My temps with the light on get about 90 degrees. My question is how hot is way too hot for the plants? Especially young seedlings. I know ideal temps are between 75-78 but should i wait to get an a/c? Or is 90 degrees not extremely too hot to grow seedlings/plants in? I know that plants outdoors can grow perfectly fine in 100 degree temps so could it be ok for an indoor grow to be roughly 90 for the beginning of veg? Thanks for anybody help or interest.

2. That would be a little too extreme for very long at all. I would wait till you can get it down by 10 degree's.?

3. I just read that 90 and up stops growth.
    Doesnt make sense to me though how outside temps can get 100 or over during the summer and the plants still thrive just fine.

4. I know what you are saying on that issue. I lived in hawaii for a few years, and saw some in the wild that were unreal, and i know it stayed 90 or above most of the time. I think its the extra oxygen and all that good stuff the human eye doesnt see that does the heart good outside?

5. Yeah i know what your saying i was kinda thinking that also. I guess outdoors is just all around a really good way. Cant beat the sun or the oxygen or the co2. I wish i could grow outdoors in hawaii, but anyways i guess i will have to just be patient and wait for a potable a/c:mad:
    Thanks though guys

6. i had some idea's while reading

1) pick a strain that thrives in excesive amounts of heat
    2) lower the humidity in the room, heat should naturally lower as well
    3) air circulation

Hope this Helps,
    TeXas ^_^

7. I was thinking about getting a 5000BTU window A/C and mounting it through the wall of my grow box, does anyone know how much heat in btu's is produced by the different wattage lamps roughly?

maybe some kind of evaporative cooler would work well depending on the humidity of the grow area, as well as being cheap.