Temperature question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by talos4, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Well, I'm having a hard time getting the temp in my grow room lower than 85 degrees . Can I get by with the temp being 85 degrees? Maybe I can get it lower with another exhaust fan, but wondering how important it is

2. sativa strains or hybrids can probably withstand those temps, but i would recommend adding CO2 to help the plants deal with high temps. Adding another exhaust fan would be better...

3. I can't believe its that hot in there. The closet is 6' wide x 2' deep x 8' tall. How big of a fan would I need to vent the hot air? I tried a 65cfm computer fan but its not gonna do it I guess

4. Ok i have a question. I'm not sure where you should put the thermometer. I have a 400 watt HPS in the closet. If I put the meter down by the plants with the light 18 inches away the temp is about 88 degrees. If I put the meter above the light its 77 degrees. If I put it down by the plants with the light 2' above the plants the temp is 80 degrees (maybe my best bet). So where should the thermometer be placed to get an accurate reading?

5. the safest place if u only have 1 thermometer or 1 sensor is to put it 1 inch above the plant tops. a small desk fan(u could try the computer fan for this, would probably work) blowing right under the light will reduce the temp greatly, 5-10 degrees or more at the plant level!

6. Yes, measure temps at plant level, that is the temp they are feeling after all. To cool the room make sure you aren't just blowing hot air around, you need to bring in cooler fresh air and exhaust heated air out of the grow area.

7. Do you have a fan on your light ? It sounds like your air isn't moving like it should. Exhaust is one way but my room cooled a little more when I started moving air across my bulb. IE a computer fan mounted pointing at my bulbs.

Duff

8. Ya I need to get a fan blowing right on the light, plus I'm gonna put in a vent at the bottom of the room to draw more air in. That might help some

9. as toasty biz, sted, the main thing is '' fresh air in, hot air out''. allthough your temp. at present is not,, '' untolirable'' just keep a eye on your watering. it gets that hot, '' outside''

good luck dude!!!!:devious: