Temperature in buckets.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Skittlez420, May 2, 2016.

1. Anybody have any ideas for keeping the temperature in you buckets down. They sit at 82 all day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Wrap them in insulation

3. you never mentioned bubble bucket, res buckets etc. but water frozen in pop bottles will help if you can use them

4. My bubble bucket is running 83 degrees all day long and with Hydroguard I have not had 1 problem.

5. I am using bubble buckets. Sorry I lef that out.

6. #6 kdub, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    I wrapped my bubble bucket in Reflectix (big box, <$20). It does an excellent job. Cab is at 82-82F and reservoir is at 65.2-68.6. I actually had my whole cab lined in it but it insulated too well so I took it out. I just attached it with gorilla tape.

Edit: It's at 64.1F right now with a cab temp of 82F. What types of temperatures does your box/room/tent/etc get to?

7. Wrapping the buckets or reservoirs filled with water with insulation and then aluminum tape

8. These guys are definitely right

9. All this talk about chillers on the net baffles me because in any situation it seems like wrapping the reservoirs or buckets with insulation and then aluminum tape should keep any body of water in a grow tent pretty cool I would think because mine is great. Very very cheap easy way to counter temperature issues I might be having all sorts of other issues but that isn't one of them

10. Lol, never thought of that. I was trying to find a insulated wrap for 55 gallon (like a water heater)I will try that when it becomes more hotter out. Thanks.

Also there's more than one reason to not let your water temp over 73. The hotter the water the less oxygen it can hold. So may not seem like any root rot and that can very well be the case,nbut you will see a difference when you get temps down. With no oxygen micro organisms can not live, but nasty pathogens can. You are also denying oxygen to the roots when you do that.

11. Exactly. And also with lower root zone temps plants can handle higher temps and generally more harsh conditions. What goes on inside the bucket is the most important. Without those lovely healthy roots we cant get our lovely healthy flowers :)

Disclaimer: I have a super vivid imagination.

12. I never let my water in the buckets get above 72. Most of the time they run in the low 60s. 82 is much too warm, very little oxygen in the water at that temp.