Temperature etc

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stokie22, Dec 12, 2012.

1. i have a 125 watt cfl in a 120x120x200 tent. put the seedlings about 5 inches from the cfl light over night, no change at all. pulled them out and put them in the living room, they had straightened and grown a bit within a couple of hours.
    I dont have a thermometer yet so cant give exact temps, but the room the tents in is pretty cold, and has no radiators. im assuming the little activity is due to temperature. im just wondering what i could do to raise the temperature inside the tent for when i do actually plant them.
    ill be using the 125cfl for vegging, and switching to a 600 hps. 4 pot wilma with coco and advanced nutrients

2. Try heat mats or stick a hot water bottle in there.

3. ill have a look at heat mats, water bottle wouldnt really be much use as not in all day to keep refilling it. what temperature should i be aiming at inside the tent

4. From what I've read, it looks like the optimum grow temp for inside the tent should be 70-80

5. you could do a water bottle thing, just use any kind of bottle painted black to heat up from the light and still radiate stored heat during the night. its a technique used in greenhouses, but it will obviously reduce the amount of indirect light your plants recieve.
    the simpler thing obviously would be to lower the light, lack of heat shouldnt really be a problem with 125w CFL.