temperature control

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by eastsideOG, Jan 22, 2012.

1. So I have a small closet for my from, its under my main stairs and is the perfect size
    My only concern is temperature control, it can get pretty hot/cold in there during the different seasons. I was just wondering if there was a efficient way to keep the temperature constant during the light and dark phases of my grow. Any help is appreciated

2. get a good two stage Ranco thermostat. Plug one side to your fan and the other to a porcelain heater

ETC Supply

[​IMG]

3. Thank you :D should have my grow together within a month, depending on how fast I can save my money. Hopefully I don't put myself back on pickups :smoke:

4. look around b4 you start buying new stuff. ebay amazon craiglist you can find great prices on them

5. This being a closed environment I need to make holes to get new air correct? Or could I just do the yeast and bottle thing to add co2?

6. Save the yeast for bread making. Two 4" holes will be a good start for ventilation

7. The only problem with that is that there is a closet in front of the door to my grow room which I can't have open all the time. I have a fan for cooling so if I do use the two holes would draft from the door be enough new air? Also the door just can't be open for around 4 hours a day and on the weekends (just when my dads home)

8. What do you mean by when your dad is home?

9. My dad is not cool with the grow (my mom is) so when my dad is at home, for the 3-4 hours he is, I can't have that door open for no reason. Its kinda ironic because he is pretty much paying for it through my mom haha

10. I'm sorry to hear that. One of the most uncool things you can do is grow in a house without everyone consent.

Best thing to do is get your own place and respect your father.

11. [quote name='"Rumpleforeskin"']I'm sorry to hear that. One of the most uncool things you can do is grow in a house without everyone consent.

Best thing to do is get your own place and respect your father.[/quote]

Or grow if you're not even 18