Temperature control

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stunnakush, Jan 23, 2011.

1. at night when my plants go 2 bed 4 6 hours, tha temperature drops 2 about 62 degrees and i wanted to know if tht is ohk or not:confused:

2. well what are the temps in the day? if they are like 70 then thats fine but if they are like 79 then thats a big drop. btw no offence but you sound like a retard using numbers as words. its hard to read and looks messy. it takes .5 seconds more to put the extra letter. especialy when you are asking for help you could do that.
    sorry if that sounds mean but its the truth.

3. ight my bad, but tha temps are like 82 degrees! what should i do?

4. My plants typically sit around 78-81 with the lights on getting all the way up to 85-86, when they go to sleep the temp usually drops to 65 sometimes dipping as low as 59. I know get into the 50's is a big no-no. Anything under 58 I heard. I haven't seen any problems arising from 80 to 60 once in a while. Just speaking from experience.

5. General Temp Rule: Don't go below 55 or above 85. Going above or below won't kill your plants or anything but growth will be halted.

6. oh, ohk well thts assurin, thank uu. ig im just bein a lil too precautious

7. ohk, tha temperature goes from 84 wit tha light on to 64 at nite

8. #8 maulcoy, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    Warm the root zone with a seedling mat or heating pad, reptile rock, be creative, a few degrees up is all you need if that.If the plants are growing ok leave it alone.

9. ight ill do tht

10. 84 is getting up there I would try to get the temp down to 77-80 with 77 being the ideal growing temp and as for your night time temps 64 isnt bad.

11. ohk well i got tha temp down ta 78 now, thts ohk?

12. Yep, 78 is really good.

13. ight gud, thxz

14. A 10 degree temp drop at night is fine from that temp.

15. oh, i heard tht sumwhere else. thts good then

16. All of these generalities are true, in general...but you still have to follow your particular plant. Some sativas don't like it to get below about 67 even in dark. If you have an indica or balanced hybrid then you should be OK.

17. I have a mostly indica going at the moment. About 79-83 degrees with the lights on, 61-65 degrees with lights off. Haven't seen any issues.

18. tht sounds pretty gud, like mine