temperature control/ ventilation problems

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ninjajoe, Nov 22, 2010.

1. hi GC, NINJAJOE here and i just set up my first grow its a semi small grow with about 80 cubic feet (give or take) and one plant. i set it up in an attic that i insulated then covered with panda plastic completely. i live in washington close to the canadian border and it is sometimes very cold outside even dropping into the negatives, this isnt a problem i thought when constructing because of the insulation i installed ;however i was wondering about my air intake which would probably be passive and outake which would be a fan of some sort. so heres the problem how do i get co2 to my plant when my lights are on (night time to counteract cold) w/o letting tons of cold air into my room and possibly dropping temperatures? anything helps, thanks in advance

2. Why cant you pull air from inside the house? the cold air should be evnly dispersed with an oscillating circ fan, but u should be fine, ur intake should be quite small for a grow that size maybe even a small hole is all with a decent exhaust pulling air in if its insulated like you say, exhaust if strong enough will regulate room by pulling cool air in. too cold make smaller hole or less exhaust.

3. word alright that makes a lot of sense thanks

4. This is why I wanted a sealed area for my grow. You can easily control temps by controlling the air flow.

I sit at 78 with 35-40% humidity.

5. exactly. a perfect environment is the most important elemment to a successful grow imo. i can take bagseed not that i ever have or would, and a 250 watt light and get 6 oz off 4 clones, with the right environment, but i dont care if you have 1000 watt and 250$ beans with an unstable environment not easily controlled you are in trouble.