Temperature and Humidity

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dc5gone, Dec 5, 2012.

1. So I have my grow cab up and running to test out temperature and humidity before I start to grow. Cabinet is about 11 cubic feet, less if you account for the inline fan, can carbon filter, LED light, power strip and fan. Cabinet is in my closet

So heres my setup
    - 2 passive intakes (4 inch each)
    - 1 exhaust (4 inch)
    - 180w LED 7 band grow light
    - 120 cfm can inline fan
    - surge protector with timer
    - 4" desk fan

temperature runs as high as 86 degrees after 7-8 hours
    humidity goes as low to about 33% after 7-8 hours

when the whole cabinet has no power to anything, temperature is about 73 degrees and humidity is about 40%

what should I do to get optimal temperature and humidity? is my inline fan too strong? should I add a bigger 6 inch desk fan? should I try and intake air from outside the closet into my cabinet and exhaust in the closet?

2. You need to have a plan to cool the cabinet down. 86 is too high. You may want to use your passive intakes to deliver cooler air.

3. You will need to increase your ventilation and/or lower the ambient temps in the room your cabinet is in so that the passive intakes pull in air that is 69-70 degrees rather than 73-75 degrees

4. Running into the same problem. Just a fan inside when closed up helped me a lot, getting ready to put a 440cfm fan in it with carbon filter. Ginna get a variable control for it in case I need less air flow.

5. Those controllers are great anyways. I have a 530 CFM fan and if I didn't have it the fan would sound like a jet engine. That's why I bought a big fan as well. I figured I'd run it at about 3/4 speed so it sounds normal. My next buy for my grow room I need to get a small inline fan to pull cold air from outside and I want to get one of those temperature light controllers. Seems like a good idea to put it in the grow room so the cold air intake only blows sometimes. Has anyone used one of these? Do they work well?

6. You need a better exhaust fan..a 4" inline would probably be enough

7. A bigger-than-required fan + a speed controller is totally the way to go. Its lets you dial conditions in as well as manage noise.....it also allows you to use your same fan if and when you expand your space.

I use a 4" inline duct fan to bring cold air into my room, but didnt find any fancy mechanization necessary....i just run it 24/7 along with my 440 cfm exhaust fan, and it works out very nicely :)

8. I hear ya. I live in a cold climate though, so taking air from outside during the winter my room would be an icicle and I doubt the plants would appreciate it much. I figured the controller would take care of that.

That's why I bought everything bigger. lol. 1000W light even though I don't need one that big, 530 CFM fan, giant carbon filter. Pretty much all of my equipment if bigger than I need. I just searched around a lot and found good deals so I could get the bigger stuff.

9. I see....didnt realize you meant outside outside haha. I live in a very cold climate as well and my room is in my basement......i have my fan pulling air from my basement into my grow room which is 67-68 degrees, the perfect temps to keep my plants cool and happy :)

10. What kinda fan speed controllers are you guys using, I want one

11. Yes, unfortunately I couldn't really vent it anywhere else in the house without cutting holes in walls and shit, and I don't want to mess with that. I think once I get the other fan and that temp controller my setup will be perfect. Although I still want that XXXL hood. It will be mine. Oh yes, It will be mine.

12. My temps when i close the room up for the night, last night it was 82 degrees when I opened it up to check. Was 88 yesterday so the box fan inside is already doing better, I can't afford an exhaust yet might be a few weeks. Any suggestions on how to keep it a little lower while I wait for the funds to get the exhaust I need?

13. yea i cant really afford another inline intake fan at the moment so my 2 passive filters and exhaust inline fan will have to do for now. I think I will try and attach some flexible ducting to my passive intake holes and run those to an adjacent room to bring in some cooler temps.

I will try and get temperatures inside the box better then I will try and work on the humidity before I start my grow.