Tempature issue! +rep for help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djbenzo405, Feb 8, 2009.

1. im flowering and want to get away from cfls
    the temps about 85 now without the big fan on
    but its almost 8 now and outside temps are cooling
    so...know whos if the same exact thing will happen tomoro
    or if itll stay around 85 tops

2. but dude..my light is duct taped the fuck out..
    700 or even 300 is a bit out of range..
    guess ill just have to..do some research and figure some shit out..
    i jsut hope i dont have to go back to cfls

3. You may find this post an interesting read.

4. thanks for the link
    my light was like 40 bucks for all of it
    and rigging up 8 cfls in my closet super close to my plant seems to be a big hassle
    and would end up costing about the same if not more possibly with all the wiring,
    but with all my fluros combined i have around 5000 lumens
    and im flowering now so i need all the juice i can get..

5. heey everyone! i think the hot days is whats making such a huge difference..
    i took the therm. out of the closet and the room was freakin 80 degrees anyways!
    the heater has been on all day wtf?! but now the ac is on and temps wont go over 83
    =D happy day..or night mostly!

6. mine looks a bit different from that one..
    buuut..wana come do it for me? =]

7. they're pretty much all thesame inside man. you're pretty much just taking it apart (still wired) and re-packaging it. hope this helps...

8. Dude, my friend has pretty much the same setup, 150watt hps, and he had that problem.

Get a swamp cooler. They are fans that you fill up with water. They blow moist air, with high humidity over your plants and GREATLY reduce temps.

You'll need a fan blowing over the light, this also GREATLY reduces temps. I should be blowing on the plants aswell (builds stem strength.)

Also the temperature could be inaccurate. If the thermometer or whatever was in direct light it will show higher temperatures. Put it next to the plants OUT of direct light and see if it changes.

9. and yea temps are at 77 now but thankk you