Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Temparary Tolarance Break

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MetallicEdge, Nov 21, 2009.

1. So I have been smoking pretty heavily for about a year and am four days into my break I was thinking of smoking again tomorrow is five days enough?

I am looking to be happy and feel good when I smoke not just stoned.

2. Yeah, if you've been smoking heavy for that long, then 5 days will definitely hit you. However, I suggest you just wait about 2 more days and make it a week. Maybe if 2 weeks. The high will be much better.

But, you said you just wanted to be "happy", so 5 days is cool.

Let us know how it goes!

3. yeah, I agree, if you want to be high I'd say wait at least a week or 2 weeks. My girlfriend made me quit for a month because she read somewhere that if you could quit for a month then you fully broke the addiction and she was like "you won't want to smoke the when the month ends but I'll let you if you want to" so me and my friend bought an 2 O's of dank and had a good few weeks with the tolerence of virgin lungs. Amazing times. Enjoy

4. Good luck! I'm never able to last through a tolarance break.

5. Same here, bud always just seems to make its way back to me... :D

6. I have a question about tolerance while were on the subject. If i stopped smoking in august and toked up maybe once a month untill december and didnt smoke untill january would my tolerance be still be as low as not smoking at all?

7. Ya pretty much, that's not enough THC in your system to build up a tolerance.

I've been smoking constantly for a good couple years now since my last break. I'm on a T-break right now, going a week strong 2 more weeks till my birthday then i'll have all the bud i can smoke with 0 tolerance. HAHA i can't wait

8. A word of caution, about starting back up again SLOWLY. I recently got done with my own first tolerance break, which lasted about 9 days (I was originally planning for two weeks, but caved).

Yes, that first bowl was .... amazing. I had a lot of time free from work when I started again (part of the reason for my tolerance break -- I wanted to enjoy it), though, so I began almost immediately smoking a lot throughout the day.

So, my tolerance break ended about a little over a week ago. Now, my tolerance is higher than it's EVER been, in just a week of heavy smoking. I officially crossed what I call the "one-bowl" threshold yesterday, in which I need at least TWO bowls to feel like I've smoked at all. I used to be able to be satisfied with a HALF of a single bowl.

What I guess I'm saying is .... if you fall back into your old habits exactly as they were before you stopped, your tolerance has the potential to come back from a t-break FAST, much MUCH faster than it took to build up your tolerance in the first place.

A t-break isn't just about reducing your tolerance -- it's also about reducing the RATE at which you build tolerance. Both items are a factor, and both are positively impacted with a longer amount of time on the t-break. So, yes .... even a few days can provide a noticeable result .... for those first couple bowls. How things go after that, however, may depend on how heavily you use, and whether or not you had the willpower to turn those five days into two weeks. ;)

My advice -- sure, try it on the fifth day, just for giggles, but try to limit yourself to smoking once a day at first, maybe twice on a day off. Start off slow, and maybe you can help keep that tolerance down for a longer period of time.

Good luck. :)

9. All good advice

I am going to toke tomorrow but Klao is right i am going to continue slowly there is no need to continue with my old habits

let you guys know how it goes

Peace

10. Good luck.

Starting slow can be very difficult, especially after a long break. It can be so tortuous to resist packing a bowl when you have a bag of weed sitting right in front of you, but you can do it. ;)

11. Well it is 10:08 and i just smoked my first bowl in 129 hours and i feel good and i feel stoned as much as I used to and i just smoked half a bowl LEGIT.

thanks for the information

12. haha same dood