temp v co2%

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by calinycgrow, Dec 2, 2006.

1. I have a 1000W HPS in a 3' x 3' x 6' tent so it runs on the warm side (80-85 F) with the light on. Will it help growth if there is more CO2 in a warmer room and will it offset the cons of a warmer room. And does anyone have a chart of the optimum CO2 % against temperature?

2. Yes, co2 will offset your heat. Of course to use co2, you have to vent your light, both in and out, as the only way to keep the co2 levels up high enough to offset the heat is to vent the grow only 3-4 times a day.

3. My light has its own ventilation system (sealed, a/c cooled with 6" vortex fan) and then I have a 4" vortex fan exhaust out of the tent as well. I think the main reason that it is so warm is that the intake is bringing in 75 degree air and therefore can never really get that cool. Disconecting the exhaust to raise CO2 would be pointless as it would get even hotter in the room. So there is no way to add enough CO2 to have a CO2 rich environment with the exhaust on 24/7? Is there a way to connect a CO2 generator right into my intake so I am blowing CO2 rich air into the tent?

4. Also does anyone have a graph or chart of ideal ppm of co2 for different temps?

5. more light "isn't" always better. you have too much light for your space. i'd say max 600 watts for your area. prob. even a 400 would be better. do you have access to something smaller?

6. 1500ppm-2000ppm is what to shoot for. Normal air ranges from 350ppm-450ppm. Sorry no chart, but I have seen lots of sites with the same information:
    PRINCIPLES OF Carbon Dioxide Enrichment

I have been using a sealed CO2 system for years.

Goodluck, R.

7. The guys at my local hydro shop said the 1000W would be best for that tent and i think we got rid of the original box for the ballast so we cant return it. I really want to make this work cuz I really dont have the money to buy another ballast and bulb.

8. do you have a spare room to grow in? those 1000 watters need a lot of air. friggers get hot!

9. Its in a spare room, but i have my plants cycled so I have a seperate veg chamber in the same room, thats the reason I have them in the tent. I've heard that the light is supposed to cool down after the first week or week and a half and I have been running it 5 days now. If it cools down by 5-10 degrees I should be okay, is this possible?

10. i've never heard that before.

11. I guess im gonna have to eat the price of the extra ballast and bulb then and go down to a 600. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with the money soon. Yesterday, I put some homemade CO2 in the room (water,sugar,yeast). I dont have any way to meter the CO2% yet but im hoping since CO2 is heavier than air, and my exhaust is in the top of my tent that the CO2 is going up and will help the plants thrive in the higher heats.