temp problems need help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by capecodkid, Oct 18, 2009.

1. This is my first grow and i have a 4lx4wx7h homemade box with a 6in inline fan and 400 watt mh.its starting to get cold out. The temp in the house is 61 degrees (saving $)and the temp inside the box is 66 degrees with the light the inline and the ocilating fan running. when the inline fan is off and just the ocilating fan running in the box and a ocilating fan in the room out side the box the temp is about 74 inside the box. wich of these would be my best bet? is 66 to cold for the plants? 74 is a good temp but there not getting a constant supply of frsh air. also i see on some posts where people exaust in to the same room and the temps are to hot i exaust into a attic do you think if exaust into the same room it will bring the temps up or will this be a problem? any help will be greatly appreciated +rep to any one that helps.

2. Wire your fan to a thermostat and set it at like 68-72 degrees.....that way it will come on and of and keep the temps in the sweet spot. The Ranco ETC-112000-00G Temperature Control NEW NEMA is a good unit.

There is a guy on here named qez that uses this unit also: GroZone Temp-2V