Temp problem please help!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by rocesride, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ok so I just started a small hydro system in a closet that is in the corner of a room. Thre is no access to a ventelation system or anything like that. I have a 250w hps light setup and it is creating way too much heat. its over 100 F in there! What are some cheap ways that I can reduce the heat? any ideas will help. Thank you

2. I heard that having the balast outside the closet wil help but will it really make that much of a difference?

3. you have no choice but to exchange your air
    remove hot airfrom the top of the space
    and replace with cooler air at the bottom of the space:smoke:

4. Get computer fans and put one at the bottom of the room on one end as a intake and put one at the top of the other side as a exhaust.

5. thats what i just said, but if it makes you feel smart cause you rephrased it then hey.................
    whatevers clever........LMAO

6. it does make a big difference....prolly atleast 5 degrees....if i was u i would freeze gallons of water then put those behind a fan blowing up at ur light....this will blow cool air at ur light thus causing heat to go down. i did this with one frozen gallon of water in my closet and the temps dropped 3 degrees...so if u get lie 5 frozen thing u could be set

i had temp problems to man, they are a bitch! fucked up alot of my last grow....now my temps are between 78 and 93......but i changed my whole grow room from a attick to a closet...

u need to add a few fans and a few things of frozen water and u should be set man.....ooo and im using a 400 watt hps so mine puts off more heat then urs...hope this helped:wave:

7. all you have is 1 400?
    I have 6 1000 burning in an attic
    how do you suggest i cool that down
    let me know if you have any ideas
    BTW my temp is average 85-90 currently

8. im having this prob in my first indoor grow, in my walkin closet with my 400w. Anyways, i just got a small circulating fan, its pointedtop of the plants/light to keep hot air moving, and another larger circulating fan, its tall and skinny, so i just crack my closet and point it out, so it sucks out the hot air and blows it out the closet. This works until iget a grow tent, then ill just install a couple 8in inlines and i should be good.

9. people that convert whole attics, why cant you just put and airconditioner in, and iof you dont have a window, filter the exausht from the a/c in a homemade tube system (the silver scrunchy ones for inline fans ./ dryers). but other than that, the frozen stuff works. search cryopak on google, they work better, and no mess, more surface area = better. hang a sheet of it lol.

10. Two simple things, just move the balast outside of the grow area and have that air cooled with a small fan if needed and then have venting fans taking air out of the grow space from the top, there are also mini air conditioner things the size of a pack of beer so I hear.