Temp issues. 4×4 tent 1000w hps

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by peezy813, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Thanks man! I can't wait to see how this turns out either.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. That's exactly what I just finished doing. Built a plenum and ducted the a.c. over to the bottom vent on the tent. I've currently got 2 fans inside the tent. one tower one box. I'm gonna grab some clip on fans so I can have a few spread around for canopy circulation. My fan the runs my carbon filter and cools the hood is a 425 cfm and I have good negative pressure when it's running so I think I'm good there. I'll take some pics and post and update later

3. I'm confused by the question. The a.c. venture? I mean it's just a window shaker so I can always change it up in about an hour if I need to. Right now it's seems to be doing ok and temps should be on a downward slope soon. Hopefully

4. Tent to small for that light

5. Closer to 800w would be good. But a 1000w is fine if u can get heat in check...

6. What fan are you using to pull the air through the filter and hood? I have a friend setting up a 4x4 with 1kw Hps +10 ambient would work for his setup.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I think I have

8. It's a 425 cfm. Seems to be moving plenty of air. That's about what I was getting before I ducted the a.c. right in. + 10 ambient temps from the heat of the light. I can put my hand right on the glass under the bulb when it's at 1000w so it seems to be cooling sufficiently

9. You are wasting that light I use one with no tent and grow in a 5x5 footprint

10. The actual size of my tent is 57"x57". Pretty close to your foot print. Either way I still am not putting out more light than the plants can utilize. How am I "wasting" my light?

11. Ran a.c. to lower vent, got MH bulb. Cranked ballast up to 1000w to check temps and I'm holding at about 77° 20181002_174028.jpg 20181002_174032.jpg 20181002_174053.jpg 20181002_174114.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome dude. My temps dropped like that as soon as I did the ac in lower vent. It’ll be interesting once I gotta turn on heat for winter. Plan is to use a splitter and run outside winter air in to lower vent and with splitter draw some warmer air in from room(bc 30* air I’d assume would be to cold) This is my first grow so I haven’t had to mess with temp without ac on

13. #54 jimihendrix42, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    I myself use an HPS for Veg, but only a Hortilux HPS as its Blue enhanced, and 1600umole. Is the most powerful powerful HPS, and has Blue. Ya gotsta have some blue.
    Id also get a cheap $15 moisture meter at Lowes ect, and not let the medium get below Low Moist. Slightly above the Low Moist line. Never to the line. And with a small plant, in a big pot, never saturate them until the roots are filling up the pot. If it doesn't dry out enough to water in 3.5-4 days, its to wet. If it dries out in 2 days, give it more water next time.

I myself like to start seedlings in no less than 24oz plastic cups/ but found a place called Uline that sells 32oz Deli Cups/microwavable polyprophylene, and are much more stable. Though you have to buy a case of 500 of them, they are only about $65, and $25-$30 Shipping.
    And at 32oz they get a good root. But I like that they are really stable, and hard to tip over.. Though they are clear. I wish they were colored, but they aren't.
    [​IMG]

14. Im pretty happy myself. When I can I'll probably invest in a bigger window shaker to help with its efficiency on keeping the tent cool. Hoping cooler temps soon will make it eaiser. Sounds like you've got a plan for winter. Just stick to it and be ready for when things dont work like you thought they would and adjust accordingly. That's all I'm doing lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. My HPS is also blue enhanced and I believe 1600umol. I threw out the box like a dummy.
    The moisture meter is a good idea. I think I'll stop and grab one today.

As far as starting pots go, these being autos I started them in the finishing pots on purpose. That's what alot of people's threads I've read do. Seems to me like the stop of root expansion is what triggers the flowering. That being said I went with 5g pots as opposed to the suggested 3g with my genetics to see if I can get a little more size out of them.

16. Day 18 for # 1 and # 2
    Day 13 for # 3
    Day 8 for # 4

All looking good except #2 is outgrowing #1 and I have no idea why 20181006_105152.jpg 20181006_105156.jpg 20181006_105204.jpg 20181006_105210.jpg 20181006_105214.jpg 20181006_105220.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Noooooo! I got to aggressive on my LST and snapped my best looking plant. Can I fix this if I tape her together? 20181011_171255.jpg

18. Yes you csn ive done it b-4.. i used electrical tape as i do electrical work so i have a boat load of it lying around.. what ever wirks works!!

If not just support it with something & put moist soil on the break kinda like a wrap cast for moisture snd shell heal even faster.. tape will heal her higher up the break.. soil will heal her as far as youve supported her where ever the soil is placed will heal in 2-3 dsys tape takes about a week or do..

Hope this helped!!

EDIT.. SORRY NAH BRAH.. JUS GOT A GOOD LOOK AT THE PIC.. IM OUTSIDE & THE SUN IS TOO BRIGHT MAKING MY SCREEN A BIT HARD TO SEE BUT “I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW”.. & THEIRS NO FIXING THAT BROTHA!!!!!!

19. Thanks man. Here's hoping!