Temp issues. 4×4 tent 1000w hps

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by peezy813, Sep 17, 2018.

1. For sure! Best to just leave them be, sometimes I just can't help my over attentiveness lol. Thanks for all your help and insight man! I'll keep posting the updates

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ok. About a week since sprout on 1 and 2. I pulled 3 the other day and put the new one in its pot, should pop by tomorrow I'm hoping. 4 is about 2 days old since sprout. Just added some water to 1 and 2 last night as 1 was looking like it needed it and I let them go a week since sprout without any water at all. 1 looks nice and perky this morning with 2 being a little droopy. I don't really think she was fully ready for water yet but she should be fine. I'll keep the updates coming 20180925_072526.jpg 20180925_072603.jpg 20180925_072608.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. You are using a LOT of light and electricity with very big pots for tender little seedlings.

In my opinion, it seems you are wasting light and electricity and more importantly, you risk problems with over/under watering due to the pot size.

Many growers including myself have tried skipping gradual potting up and put seedlings directly into very large pots and end up having problems with balanced nutrient uptake, damping off, or other issues.

Not sure of your experience level, but if you are a newer grower, I would advise you to stick to best practices.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I guess I could buy a secondary smaller lights for seedlings which I plan to do any way in the future. As far as electric goes I'm running everything right now to see exactly what it's going to do to my electric bill to get a base line anyway so I figured why not just have the plants in there.

As far as pot size everything I read about autos say it's best to start them in their final pots to avoid transplanting stress and stunting the growth of an already short life cycle.

Not completely inexperienced but this is certainly my largest Indoor set up. I am keeping a very close eye on them though.

Thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got it. Didn't realize they were autos. Best of luck.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. So I did this today. Rather than keeping the room temp cool. ( this little a.c. was going like 24/7 ) I got a pluggable thermostat, extended its thermistor to reach the tent. Added a little ducting and Viola. Already it seems like the a.c. is having an easier time maintaining good temps 1538432212589.jpg 1538432239964.jpg 1538432271798.jpg 1538432289278.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Perfect!! Stoner engineering at its best!!

8. Are there any bottom vents that you could run the a/c duct through.? Can you cut an opening.?
    my dumb ass would try placing the a/c supply mid ways in the side, blowing into the tent under the light hood and over the plants where the heat is......?????
    Do you have any bottom vents open.? Looks like the filter is pulling air from the top vent.?

9. This was already exactly my thought!

My carbon filter is near the top of the tent and venting after cooling the light at the top where you see it. I'm sure alot of the cold air from the a.c. is just getting sucked right in.

Gonna go grab some more duct tomorrow and run the a.c. into the bottom vent on the far side and I'm sure things will get even better.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why are you vegging with an HPS? You should be using a MH. HPS has barely any blue spectrum which is why growers who don't use LEDs switch between MH/CMH and HPS during veg and bloom... This is why most people just run 3500k or 4000k LEDs. Lower end QBs or higher end cree COBs. IMO the COBs are superior. Just look at the Migro series... you can't even compare a QB to those lights in terms of coverage

• Like Like x 1
  11. Get a better light that doesnt get hot a.f mann.. that thing is humungus in their

12. IMO, wow that covers a lot. IMO
    QB are un matched[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

13. Ok guys. I've already made my decision to go with an HID light over any kind of LED for my own reasons. Main reason being, I don't care what anyone says, you just don't get the yield. Secondly my shit is completely set up and I'm not looking to change my entire system at this point.

I appreciate how much better wideband LEDs are than the old blurples, and understand the advantages of them.

These are autos and it is my first time growing autos. I Have seen many auto growers that use HPS bulbs through the whole grow. You guys think I'd get a better result running an MH for the first month? I can certainly go grab another bulb.

As far as the size of my hood and light goes I did my calculations to get as close to 10,000 lumens per sq. Ft. As possible ( this is the amount of light provided by the sun outdoors ) a 600w light doesn't even come close . That's why I went with a dimmable 1000w set up. Which I am currently only running at 600w.

So again I appreciate and help and suggestions, but to just make it clear. At this point, I am not changing my set up and buying new lights.

• Like Like x 4
  14. They look like decent lights. COBs are old technology though. The qbs will still provide better coverage and more efficiently (up to 2.6 umol) The lower watt boards can be spaced so evenly and run dimmed that coverage is about perfect. Now we have the new qb96 elite v2 engines. I just ordered two and will be doing some testing. They’re like a cob/qb hybrid. Can be run up to 4400 ma with no additional cooling. Up to 6000 ma with fans. Red/far Red/and full spectrum white led diodes in a 3” x 4” package

Check them out

QB96 Elite V2 Engine

15. I like it. You have it, use it. If you want to upgrade later they’ll still be for sale.

16. Thanks.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate everyone's help, but at this point at least for a couple runs it pretty much is how it is. It seems like I've taken care of my temp issues so I'm good to go. Once I have the ability and space to do exactly what I want I plan to do 2 comparative runs side by side with everything the same except one with HID lighting and the other with LEDs. If I can get a yield that's at least comparable to the HID then I will gladly switch to LED and keep my pockets a little heavier with the lower electric costs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stick to it.. youve done your homework.. seems like you know a thing or 2.. ppl are always going to try n sell you leds & qb boards on here.. i try to ingnore it n just get my questions answered best to my understanding..

I like how u compared ur setup to the amount of lumens provided by the sun.. cant go wrong with that..

Im strapped in for the ride ill like to see the out come plz keep us posted

Good luck peezy!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had same heat temp problems in my tent. Sometimes mid 90s. I took a 4” flex hose(put a panty hose or some filter over end) and ran it from my ac vent into bottom of flower tent. Since u live in a hot area ur ac prob always runs. At night if temps get lower outside and my ac don’t kick on as much I put the fan on ON instead of auto. What I do with fans is get small 6-8” fans and hang them with paracord in corners. I have one blowing below canopy, one right above canopy, and one on leds... what size exhaust fan do u have, one that is rated to draw more air then in grow space would also help

19. Is that venture clad??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum